Backhoe Build A Backhoe For PT425... It Could Happen

/ Build A Backhoe For PT425... It Could Happen #411  
I'm still thinking that hose crimping is a bit cheaper around here, but I didn't do too bad buying basic lengths from Surplus, cutting off the ends I didn't want and having new ones crimped custom.

Not sure if it'd play out here, but worth a consideration over too many fancy fittings.

/ Build A Backhoe For PT425... It Could Happen #412  
Spiffy said:
I'm still thinking that hose crimping is a bit cheaper around here, but I didn't do too bad buying basic lengths from Surplus, cutting off the ends I didn't want and having new ones crimped custom.

Not sure if it'd play out here, but worth a consideration over too many fancy fittings.

Chad,

Did you bring your hose and fittings to the hyd shop, or ask them to supply the correct fittings? What I have found out, and I am still learning, is that with the same inside dimension, the outside dimension will change due to the 1 wire 2 wire, and 3 wire. which is referred to as R1,R2, and R3. You have to match the correct barrel to the hose. Some times they will not crimpyour hoses if you bring in the parts, or will not guarantee the connection. Did they charge by the fitting, or an hourly rate?

/ Build A Backhoe For PT425... It Could Happen #413  
I brought the hoses in, and had them recommend the correct crimp fittings [which I bought from them]. Everything was per fitting and per crimp.

/ Build A Backhoe For PT425... It Could Happen #414  
A slight side note, but when I was doing several hoses, they let me buy some various fittings so I could make the best choices and mark the hose in the right spot. Then they refunded the ones I didn't need and charged from there.

/ Build A Backhoe For PT425... It Could Happen #415  
David, Did you have any trouble screwing the power beyond plug into the joystick valve, and getting the o-ring to fully seat? My power beyond adapter doesn't seem to go in far enough. I have about 3/16 in left on the thread before it will set the o-ring.

/ Build A Backhoe For PT425... It Could Happen
I haven't tried it yet. I just ordered 4 hoses and some fittings on Saturday. They should arrive this week. I ordered the feed and return hoses as well as two hoses to connect the 1st to 2nd valve and 2nd to 3rd valve. I will be using the power beyond on the 1st and 2nd valve, so I should know if the PBO port works as soon as those hoses arrive. I'll let you know as soon as I do. ;)

If the hoses and fittings are all correct, I'll order the rest of my hoses and fittings next week.

/ Build A Backhoe For PT425... It Could Happen #417  
Where did you order the hoses from?

J_J,

My hoses and fittings arrived last night from Bailey's and Surplus Center. The quick connects from Bailey's are an exact match to the quick connects on the main PTO. That was nice. :)

The hoses fit into the fittings O.K. and the fittings fit into the Power Beyond port O.K. So some time this weekend I'll see if the Power Beyond port fits into the valve body correctly and let you know.

J_J,
Sorry it took so long to get the fittings tested... had some "things" to take care of. ;)

The power beyond ports fit in just fine. Sorry I couldn't be of help on that one.

I wanted to use 90 degree fittings on the four work ports so that all my hoses would travel in the down direction. Unfortunately, there is not enough room to put in four 90's. They hit each other when I screw them in. Good news is I did not order them yet. I only ordered the ones for the in and out. I'll have to look through the fittings at Surplus Center to see what they have.

I also had to relocate the two outside valves from the rear of my mounting plate to the front of the mounting plate to accomodate the length of the power beyond port/90 degree fitting combination. The center post that I mounted the bracket to is in the way. Also, this will allow me to keep some hoses away from my legs. The outrigger valve will remain in the center where it is now.