Build your own Cab

/ Build your own Cab #1  

Trowell and Trimmer

Tractor
Mahindra 2816 Hst
Ok don't wanna sound cheap, but a canvas cab for a little 28 hp mahindra is 2000 dollars aftermarket from sims roughly for just the base unit!! If you bought all the trimmings...heater, canopy, ect why couldn't you just take it to a professional boat guy and have a snap together built with the plastic windows? Anyone ever do something like this? I would prefer a solid cab, and I know Laurin from Quebec makes, but they will only sell to a dealer.I can't forsee spending a ton of dough for a solid cab when I would only want it on for rain and snow removal.

/ Build your own Cab #2  
If you had a frame, door frames, all the hardware it would be a viable option. But I'm betting the real expense would be getting a frame that fit well built. Once that's done it would be quick to skin it with metal or canvas.

/ Build your own Cab #3  
I don't seem to have any good pics of it, but I built a simple tubular frame out of electrical conduit, and tossed a golf cart cab ($100, from Northern) onto it. Bungeed it down, cut out the shape of the hood and good to go. Sure beats getting hit with snow and freezing rain while snowblowing. cost a couple hundred bucks, stores in a pouch and conduit hung on wall.

FOUND IT !! Here's the thread, toward the bottom of this page shows great pics of the cab mounted on a 2520. Later it was adapted to fit a 3720 instead.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/build-yourself/159225-old-homebuilt-snowblower-adapted-new-2.html

/ Build your own Cab
ok so it looks like a good option but I would be doing commercial properties, ect, so I would have to find a black cover. I was thinking of shelling out for the hard rops top as a base to hang a custom canvas system or golf cart cover from like the sims cab one. I think it would hang better, and all I would need to do is fasten to the tractor body as well. Thanks for the photos. I will definitely post some if I get into this project in the future.

/ Build your own Cab #5  
I used the approx $100 golf cart cover on my previous tractor but use one from this company now Who We Are. It requires a sunshade. Price for soft cover and sunshade is about $1500.

Attachments

• CK30HST  cab enclosure left view.jpg
    CK30HST cab enclosure left view.jpg
    1,011.7 KB · Views: 2,417
   / Build your own Cab #6  
When I wanted some weather protection I went out and purchased a Femco weather break. It isn't a total enclosure, but it certainly is better than nothing. I also inclosed the back end of the ROPs and I added vinal plastic down the sides to cover the area above the Femco unit.

I already had the top so it was a matter of just adding the femco.

canopy1.jpg

The entry door works nicely and is easy in and out for a short person like myself.

femco3.jpg

This picture was taken right after I installed the unit. It actually showed up during our first snow storm of the year, great timing.

femco2.jpg

Since taking this picture I added the chute rotator and electrically controled defector. This year I am adding a plow blade to the front for quicker clean ups during the small, less than 6" snow storms.

goingtobirdfeeders.jpg

/ Build your own Cab #7  
why couldn't you just take it to a professional boat guy and have a snap together built with the plastic windows?

While I've often thought that would be a very viable option - have no idea what the cost might be. Using the ROPS as the basic support or even better a canopy, an experienced boat guy would have no problem fabricating a SS pipe support system and a cab enclosure.

In your location there should be no shortage of boat canvas shops - only problem based on my experience, is many of them that do that type of custom work are marina based. If you could find a guy with a mobile operation that would be perfect.

/ Build your own Cab
looking like a few good options. I just think 2 grand is an ungodly amount for a soft flimsy cab enclosure..700 bucks maybe acceptable. I could buy 5 rops mount canopies and make an
A-team style tank enclosure with sliding rifle doors for 2500 dollars ha ha

/ Build your own Cab #10  
Ok don't wanna sound cheap, but a canvas cab for a little 28 hp mahindra is 2000 dollars aftermarket from sims roughly for just the base unit!! If you bought all the trimmings...heater, canopy, ect why couldn't you just take it to a professional boat guy and have a snap together built with the plastic windows? Anyone ever do something like this? I would prefer a solid cab, and I know Laurin from Quebec makes, but they will only sell to a dealer.I can't forsee spending a ton of dough for a solid cab when I would only want it on for rain and snow removal.

I felt the same way. Built my own for about $700.00:thumbsup:

Attachments

• Tractor.JPG
    Tractor.JPG
    669.7 KB · Views: 2,085