Build your own Cab

/ Build your own Cab #11  
Ok don't wanna sound cheap, but a canvas cab for a little 28 hp mahindra is 2000 dollars aftermarket from sims roughly for just the base unit!! If you bought all the trimmings...heater, canopy, ect why couldn't you just take it to a professional boat guy and have a snap together built with the plastic windows? Anyone ever do something like this? I would prefer a solid cab, and I know Laurin from Quebec makes, but they will only sell to a dealer.I can't forsee spending a ton of dough for a solid cab when I would only want it on for rain and snow removal.

Here's a vinyl one on FleaBay for $980.... Works in conjunction with an existing sunshade. From the embedded video it seems to be well thought out.

BOBCAT CT225 CT230 CT235 TRACTOR ENCLOSURE - eBay (item 200540740898 end time Dec-07-10 10:50:30 PST)

/ Build your own Cab #12  
I felt the same way. Built my own for about $700.00:thumbsup:

I, like FarmerGene, also decided to build my own hard cab, and $700 was the magic # for me also. I remove it for the summer with 10 bolts. It was a fair amount of work, but very satisfying in the end.
I believe the way you suggested would work just fine, but may still get expensive. Unless I am mistaken, You would need to buy a canopy, have framework fabricated, and then the custom made canvas sides would not be cheap. I believe it would be more costly than some of the other soft-side cabs you can already buy.

Attachments

• PICT0024.jpg
    PICT0024.jpg
    536.2 KB · Views: 610