Building a 30x50x16 pole barn

/ Building a 30x50x16 pole barn #11  
why would you space the trusses that far apart? I know some of the "kits" they sell around here have trusses on 4' centers, I will not build that way, I put trusses at 2' centers. for one they are easier on me to straddle while putting them up and secondly, the homeowner usualy will want to put some sort of ceiling up down the road.
I didn't even look to see where you are located but here we have heavy snow loads.

/ Building a 30x50x16 pole barn #12  
why would you space the trusses that far apart? I know some of the "kits" they sell around here have trusses on 4' centers, I will not build that way, I put trusses at 2' centers. for one they are easier on me to straddle while putting them up and secondly, the homeowner usualy will want to put some sort of ceiling up down the road.
I didn't even look to see where you are located but here we have heavy snow loads.

pretty sure my dads pole building has a 10' spacing on trusses, but they did double trusses at each one with a 6" space for the poles. It holds up to harsh montana winters, but the metal roof also helps keep the snow from building up too much. 2' would be for genral stick built buildings, but doesn't apply at all for pole buildings where you have runners as supports for the roofing material.

/ Building a 30x50x16 pole barn
pretty sure my dads pole building has a 10' spacing on trusses, but they did double trusses at each one with a 6" space for the poles. It holds up to harsh montana winters, but the metal roof also helps keep the snow from building up too much. 2' would be for genral stick built buildings, but doesn't apply at all for pole buildings where you have runners as supports for the roofing material.

Yea im using double trusses that go on each side of every 6x6 post. The farthest space is 12 feet and the rest are about 5' 3' 8.5'. so it should be pretty sturdy after i get all the trusses and girts up.