Building a bridge

/ Building a bridge #21  
There is a reason that the utility removed the old poles. I would be wary of using the poles as a bridge.

The concrete block are made with leftover concrete and will vary in size. Their cost is forming and delivery

/ Building a bridge #26  
Interesting rear sandboxes and homemade cab.

Bruce

/ Building a bridge #27  
Yes, when a truck returns and still has a partial load, the company pours into these forms and sells them. It's better than just dumping the 'crete which would make a big mess day after day year afre year. The one concrete place closest to me charges $75 and I would have to pick-up.....which is a no go since my FEL only lifts 2600lbs.....so yeah $75 delivered is great.

/ Building a bridge #28  
The land around your creek looks wet and soggy. Are you sure you can put a foundation on each side that won't shift or settle?

I sure wouldn't put money on it.

I'd say figure out how you will support the bridge, then decide what to make it out of. Oh, and up your budget. Significantly. 14,000 lbs is no laughing matter on a home made bridge.

/ Building a bridge #29  
I have an aging wooden bridge that needs to be replaced (mushrooms are growing out of the deck!). I thought of just doing one of the wood forestry bridges, but don't want something that will just rot away in a few years (or even a decade). That is my main beef with the "temporary" forestry bridge designs; they aren't intended to last much (if any) beyond the current job. That is why I am holding out for a steel-framed structure like a shipping flat deck, flat deck trailer or rail car. As a last resort (if I can't find a ready-made, used deck), I may have to build it myself up from bare steel beams or truck frame rails.

/ Building a bridge #30  
I have an aging wooden bridge that needs to be replaced (mushrooms are growing out of the deck!). I thought of just doing one of the wood forestry bridges, but don't want something that will just rot away in a few years (or even a decade). That is my main beef with the "temporary" forestry bridge designs; they aren't intended to last much (if any) beyond the current job. That is why I am holding out for a steel-framed structure like a shipping flat deck, flat deck trailer or rail car. As a last resort (if I can't find a ready-made, used deck), I may have to build it myself up from bare steel beams or truck frame rails.

There is a few company's in Colorado, that build bridges from rail cars, from what iirc, they ship over rail or semi too. Mat get some ideas from their website.

about

Bridgedecks - JFSRailcar.com