Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #161  
Just to clarify, did both of the basement/foundation quotes you provided earlier include the basement and garage floor slabs? And also the pad in front of the garage?

Thanks again.

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days
Garage is separate (quoted as single price including slab). Pad in front the garage is a separate line item. The Superior Wall quote did include setting the garage walls, but nothing else.

Day 29

The rain passed and the sun is making its way back out. Stopped by the site and took a few pics.

Here's the detail of the conduit through where 2 corner walls meet. Here's one side of a corner:

day29-1.jpg

And the other side:

day29-2.jpg

Detail of how the bottom wall pieces are tied together:

day29-3.jpg

And the hooks used to tie the walls to the metal mesh for the floor pours:

day29-4.jpg

Silt screen is down along the outside perimeter:

day29-5.jpg

They also got the plumbing in place and doing the final prep for inspection prior to pouring the basement slab. You can see where they are putting down styrofoam along the inside perimeter where the dirt on the outside will be less than 2 feet deep.

day29-6.jpg

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #164  
Pete,

So this basement is about $4k more PLUS the cost of the pour for the floor?

Personally I think those walls are amazing and they are now on my list when I build someday...

This thread is smoking awesome...

Thanks,
David

The line item I have for the Superior Wall basement is as follows:

Unfinished walk-out Superior Walls basement with rough-in plumbing; one French door and 6 Windows - $ 28,900

And for the garage:

Attached one car garage with storage space - no windows in garage door +/- 286 sq. ft. - $14,900

I'm assuming the pour for the main basement is included in the 1st line item, and the pour for the garage is included in the 2nd line item. There are no other line items on the contract that would account for the pouring.

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #166  
Pete,

Wow, that is awesome. Sorry for the dumb question it just was not clear if Superior was also doing the pour... I am impressed so far, that is indeed a SUPERIOR basement..

That's a whole lotta gravel coming for the garage though! OOF! Way more than they used on Jimmy Hoffa... :D

David

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #167  
The line item I have for the Superior Wall basement is as follows:

Unfinished walk-out Superior Walls basement with rough-in plumbing; one French door and 6 Windows - $ 28,900

And for the garage:

Attached one car garage with storage space - no windows in garage door +/- 286 sq. ft. - $14,900

I'm assuming the pour for the main basement is included in the 1st line item, and the pour for the garage is included in the 2nd line item. There are no other line items on the contract that would account for the pouring.

I thought it was going to be a two car garage, I have learned not to assume anything anymore.

Ok, so Superior is not actually doing the poor, the builder is, but it will be done to Superiors specs, and it included as part of the line item they gave me.

About 75% of the house the builder does these days use Superior Walls. I think they have 5 houses going right now, all Superior.

LOL! Yes, that is way more gravel than they used on Jimmy Hoffa. I wish there was a way to just pack dirt in there, but I don't think the building inspector will go for that, even if tamping it every few inches and adding water. Perhaps by the time you figure labor for that, the gravel will be cheaper anyway?

I thought it was going to be a two car garage, I have learned not to assume anything anymore.
It is a 2 car garage now. That line item is from the original contract that stated 1 car garage. Assuming 20x20 (I haven't measured yet), that would be 400 sq. ft. so the price will go up proportionally. But the actual garage with the Superior Wall footings is definitely a 2 car garage now.

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #170  
LOOKING GOOD PETE, I get to keep some of my hair. Roll on! LUTT