Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #2,111  
Just keep telling your self this part is almost over, it's almost over. I say this part because as I am sure you already know its far from over. It's been a great read thanks for all your work on keeping us informed. It's been as much work keeping up with the thread and you have done work on the house.

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #2,112  
Peter:

That sounds like a big move - I forgot your Mom had that much stuff. I assume you and your Mom will be fridge shopping soon, if not already.
-Stu

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days
#2,113  
Fridge was purchased on Black Friday along with all the other appliances last fall. It's a Kenmore Elite like all the other kitchen appliances so that everything matches. It is sitting in the garage with her food in it. :D

I started mounting some of the AV equipment this evening after work

day134-1.jpg

Got the plasma hung and center speaker installed. It had to go above the screen since the cable conduit was below the screen and would have interfered. I don't think it will really matter.

day134-2.jpg

Tomorrow I hope to be able to install the front and rear in-wall speakers. I went with the Polk Polk Audio 65 RT In-wall speaker at Crutchfield.com for the fronts, Polk Polk Audio 255C-RT In-wall center channel speaker at Crutchfield.com center, and Polk Polk Audio 625-RT In-wall speaker at Crutchfield.com rears. I already had a Polk Audio sub from the previous 5.1 system she had I plan to re-deploy. However, with everything else neatly tucked away, we might end up with a built-in sub as well.

Rock guy got started on the chimney today

day134-3.jpg

Shot of my "logging" trail on the lower side of the house where the deer fence goes.

day134-4.jpg

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #2,114  
Built-in sub? Sounds like you are calling my name. You know I am available to build whatever. Question though, are those boxes "Danmark Tranport" relics of your parents move to the states from Denmark?
-Stu

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #2,115  
congrats on the move in and thanks for sharing the adventure with us.

#2,116  
Built-in sub? Sounds like you are calling my name. You know I am available to build whatever.
Thanks Stu. I think that I can get away with putting the current sub in the guest bedroom, underneath the equipment, or in the corner next to it. Once I run the Audyssey MultEQ auto calibration on the Denon, I should have an idea about how much gain is needed. With the semi open frame of the equipment rack, and the natural gain from a corner position, I think it will be fine. The only time there might be an issue would be if there are guests sleeping in the guest bedroom and someone is watching an action movie with explosions or music with heavy bass content, both of which are very unlikely events. :D

Question though, are those boxes "Danmark Tranport" relics of your parents move to the states from Denmark?
Yup, they are either from the 1982 move from Denmark to the states, or from the 1987 move from United Kingdom to the states. Those are some hardy cardboard boxes!

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #2,117  
No updates or pictures? I assume you are probably working inside for the next few days given the torrential rains. I drove back from Mom's this morning and the rain on I81 was the worst I had ever seen. Luckily, I only saw one jack knifed tractor trailer in the southbound lane and median just north of Roanoke. That delay only cost me about 30 minutes.
-Stu

#2,118  
Yeah, rain caught us skidding logs this morning. Once my tractor started sliding sideways on the log trail, I moved inside... Wow, scary one!

No pics yet, but the 30" upper kitchen cabinets are in and installed. Back splash tile in progress.

I'm in the progress of pulling the final speaker wires, and all the cat5e wiring between living room, office, A/V equipment location, generator, chimney (my digital antennas are here). Installing 6 x RJ45 panel in the office, and 4 x RJ45 panel behind the A/V rack. A pain in the butt up front, but make future changes will be so much more convenient!

Peter

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #2,119  
Yeah, rain caught us skidding logs this morning. Once my tractor started sliding sideways on the log trail, I moved inside... Wow, scary one!

ya, hard to explain the feeling until you've been on 25K lbs of machine sliding down hill, with all the wheels/tracks locked, and there is nothing you can do but wait for the ride to stop.

Hopefully no one hurt, and nothing broke.

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #2,120  

ya, hard to explain the feeling until you've been on 25K lbs of machine sliding down hill, with all the wheels/tracks locked, and there is nothing you can do but wait for the ride to stop.

Hopefully no one hurt, and nothing broke.