Building SS Quick attach latch "HELP WANTED"

/ Building SS Quick attach latch "HELP WANTED" #11  
Every time I see these SSQA, always think the lock pins are 180 out. :confused:

By the way, ktm010, nice fab job.

/ Building SS Quick attach latch "HELP WANTED" #12  
Every time I see these SSQA, always think the lock pins are 180 out. :confused:

That orientation helps pull the attachment into place against the QA plate when you lock it down. However, on the one I built last year I am starting to have problems of the pins releasing when I back drag. Reversing the pins during construction would solve this problem. I am going to 'notch' mine so when they are closed the attachment plate is resting against a flat surface versus the angled portion of the pin. (if that makes any sense)

/ Building SS Quick attach latch "HELP WANTED" #13  
Here is a hyd and an electric locking setup

Attachments

• 2_Closed.jpg
    2_Closed.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 312
  • 3_Open2.jpg
    3_Open2.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 281
  • 441.jpg
    441.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 282
   / Building SS Quick attach latch "HELP WANTED" #14  
Hi, :newhere:
New to the board and getting ready to build a QA for my loader so that I can switch between the bucket and fork lift and hay spear.

ktm010 - If you would give me some more detail on your latch setup I would make drawings and post for everyone to use. What size latch pin did you use, 1"? sq x ? long, size of structural tube it slides thru, anchor bolt size and location from latch pin. What size and length of connection pin/bolt? Send a "napkin" sketch or whatever.
I am a design drafter by trade and would be willing to make some nice drawings. :thumbsup:
Thanks,
Charley

/ Building SS Quick attach latch "HELP WANTED" #15  
I built this system about a year ago and it works great , I used an old trim cylinder to engage the locking pin, and my grapple circuit to control it.

Attachments

• valve 046.JPG
    valve 046.JPG
    274.5 KB · Views: 226
  • valve 045.JPG
    valve 045.JPG
    278.9 KB · Views: 295
  • valve 049.JPG
    valve 049.JPG
    276.7 KB · Views: 268
   / Building SS Quick attach latch "HELP WANTED" #16  
Here is a hyd and an electric locking setup

ohhh. i likes the hydraulic latching system........now i know what my next project is going to be.

/ Building SS Quick attach latch "HELP WANTED" #17  
ohhh. i likes the hydraulic latching system........now i know what my next project is going to be.

There is no doubt that a hydraulic coupler is nice but it is a real PIA if it freezes in the winter, you need to get creative to thaw the thing out and thats no fun in a driving snow and its 10 degrees outside.

/ Building SS Quick attach latch "HELP WANTED" #18  
There is no doubt that a hydraulic coupler is nice but it is a real PIA if it freezes in the winter, you need to get creative to thaw the thing out and thats no fun in a driving snow and its 10 degrees outside.

I dont get the difference do you take the cylinders off your loader in th winter?

/ Building SS Quick attach latch "HELP WANTED" #19  
Even modest hydraulics should be able to break any reasonable coat of ice and snow.

/ Building SS Quick attach latch "HELP WANTED"
:)Here some more pics to help plan your build with some measurements I used modifiy as needed, I wanted everything as tight as possible not to loose lifting strength and tried to keep the weight down due to size of the tractor.As you build mock everything up test then weld when all good, I had issues with bucket dumping major setback:mad: had to notch SSQA frame so boom would clear to get it to dump all the way. And then weld in some metal for a stop in the SSQA frame hard to see in the pics. Another issue with the forks was when building the fork frame I needed to add 2" to the frame so I added to the bottom:mad: mistake!! works but adding to the top would not have looked as nice but the bottom of the forks as you slide them in is even with the bottom of the frame now prone to damage, and when I remove them and go back to them the bottom of the frame is in the mud or grass, it works but would have been better extended on the top. All bad planning on my part because I had pieces cut to size and couldn't change without starting over. Overall very happy with the results:thumbsup: Sorry about the measurement picture thats the best I could do I don't know of a better way. Also spring tension started with lesser strength springs and pryed the forks off the SSQA frame taking a RR tie wall apart lots of pressure on them, also back blading lost the bucket, ordered stronger spings. Final Spring McMaster Carr # 9595K13 fits 1/2" rod or my bolt size and 4" lenght, load 331 lbs. rate 552 lbs/inch $10.55 ea.

Attachments

• DSC02961 - Copy.JPG
    DSC02961 - Copy.JPG
    152.3 KB · Views: 144
  • DSC02962.JPG
    DSC02962.JPG
    150.5 KB · Views: 153
  • DSC02963.JPG
    DSC02963.JPG
    143.6 KB · Views: 124
  • DSC02964.JPG
    DSC02964.JPG