Building SS Quick attach latch "HELP WANTED"

/ Building SS Quick attach latch "HELP WANTED" #21  
ktm010 - Thanks for all the info. :thumbsup: I will get to work on a 3D model and some detail drawings.
It looks like I have the same forks and frame pieces purchased on eBay. I'm getting ready to start gathering the rest of the steel needed to build the SSQA and a fork frame. The only thing that has me puzzled is your discription of your fork frame. :confused3:So should the forks be below the bottom of the frame or set up so that they clear the ground when the frame is touching the ground? More pics plez!!! :D

/ Building SS Quick attach latch "HELP WANTED" #22  
   / Building SS Quick attach latch "HELP WANTED"
The most bottom part of the quick attach mount should be above bottom of forks, the pics will explain. When I planned the frame I had the metal supplier cut to lenght all pieces. The frame should have been taller by about 1 1/2", then I wouldn't have had to extend the SSQA mount pieces, which I then extended to the bottom , should have extended them to the top. I hope this helps. It still works great I just need to carefull when sliding under things not to catch the frame. The mount works ok just if I take the forks off say on the lawn and go to remount them, I must tuck up under upper mount lip which is say 1 1/2" and will dig up some turf.

Attachments

• DSC02973.JPG
    DSC02973.JPG
    135.6 KB · Views: 100
  • DSC02974.JPG
    DSC02974.JPG
    158.4 KB · Views: 107
  • DSC02975.JPG
    DSC02975.JPG
    141.9 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
   / Building SS Quick attach latch "HELP WANTED" #24  
   / Building SS Quick attach latch "HELP WANTED" #25  
ktm010 - thanks for the info and photos, they will save me from the same mistake of mounting the forks too high. As I was making models on AutoCAD I was trying to figure out where on the frame to mount the forks. I was wondering about the frame hitting the ground when picking up stuff and about when I detach and park it, if it will stand alone or have to be blocked to keep it from falling over. My design will be similar, I bought a SSQA mount plate that has the center cut-out. I am picking up a couple of pieces of angle today and that should be all I need to start fabbing the fork frame. I will take some pics and make some drawings as I go.
Thanks again. :thumbsup:

/ Building SS Quick attach latch "HELP WANTED" #26  
mwb - dang it! You just had to show me a different quick attach design, now I have to decide on which one to use or make something in between what you did and the others. :confused2:
I really like your design and fabrication skills. Thanks for the info. :thumbsup:

/ Building SS Quick attach latch "HELP WANTED"
MWB nice post with the drawing, I'am writing most of this from memory so some details are a little froggy:confused2:but the drawing you posted shows the frame can not be made taller due to the forks need the ledge to hang and slide on. So adding to the top is the answer being I also needed the 16" for the overall height of the 1/2" plates which worked out nicely:thumbsup:. Your latching system is also very nice but I was limited with tools and Knowlege this was the first thing I built and welded. The great part is I could not have made these without this website:)