Buried baling twine... In a grid pattern!

/ Buried baling twine... In a grid pattern! #31  
   / Buried baling twine... In a grid pattern! #32  
We must be neighbors - our back fence line is the county line between Lawrence and Giles counties.

Wow, Pulaski and Summertown folks. TBN is getting close. Hey guys I guess I am a neighbor too. I am in Lawrence Co. about 8mi out of Summertown toward Henryville. I am going to vote for a round bale feeding area as far as the twine grid goes. There could of even been a round bale unroller in use.

The square foot garden bed picture that bcp posted reminds me of a tobacco plant bed which would be common around here but I can't associate the twine grid to it.

/ Buried baling twine... In a grid pattern! #33  
OP, we are pretty close for Internet "neighbors". I'm in Giles but over near I65.

I'm still baffled on the grid pattern. Any chance you could post a picture of it?

I spent the evening trying to reclaim about a half acre grown up in locust trees. Using the chain saw because the darn things don't push out well with the fel. I still have 20 or so to go.

/ Buried baling twine... In a grid pattern!
Sorry, the only pic that I could provide would be one showing a pile of baling twine ready to be bagged up. If I come across any more buried twine I'll take a pic and post it.

/ Buried baling twine... In a grid pattern! #35  
GPintheMitten said:
Aliens did it.

My thoughts exactly. Could be related to crop circles.

Possibly they kept moving the bale feeder which would explain the large area.

/ Buried baling twine... In a grid pattern! #36  
it is where roll hay was fed.let frost kill the johnson grass ,then burn it off.that will get rid of most of it on top of the ground.

/ Buried baling twine... In a grid pattern! #37  
Ok .... were there ever greenhouses set up there? Could these be some of the strings used to tie up cucumber plants or something along those lines?

/ Buried baling twine... In a grid pattern! #38  
Would it help get the last of it removed, by going over the area with a deep ripper or the rippers on a box blade?

I saw something similar once. The demolition contractor on a school replacement used a deep ripper to tear sprinkler pipe out of the huge lawns. This worked great - until he ripped out a pressurized undocumented water main that came into the campus from the street. That ripped a hole in the big water main in the street. Huge mess! :) Your story reminded me of seeing that.