Bushhogging

/ Bushhogging #11  
Good stuff here folks, thanks for all the input, inquiring minds want to know! :thumbsup:

Dan

/ Bushhogging #12  
I have done custom brushhogging and Have done fairly well. But, As some of the replies mentioned, there are pitfalls. I was doing a 26 acre field for a friend and ended up replacing my radiator on my 8N, in the middle of the field.
Other than that the 2 times I did the field I did pretty good. The last field I did,(a pasture) I had the bushhog up and was leaving an area to go to the other side when I hit a hidden rut/ditch, and the result of the hog bounceing, I cracked the hydraulic pump and had to replace it. Luckly I found one for several hundred bucks.

I wish I had insurance then, but I do now since I have a new tractor and still use the 8N..

If you go any distance you do need to charge mileage at least. Fuel, wear and tear on truck and trailer, etc. Luckily, I never had to go over 10 miles. I have enough in that area to keep me busy.

Pay attentions to all the info in the replies and read other similar threads. There is one several threads newer on this forum with similar info...

Good luck with whatever you decide
Tom