Buyer's Group

/ Buyer's Group #1  

jmfox

Platinum Member
Has anyone considered forming a buyer's group for the purchase of a toolcat and accessories? There could be an advantage in making large lot purchases. Even considering the travel costs, this could produce considerable savings. As to warranty, I believe it can be handle by any dealer in the Bobcat network.

jmf

/ Buyer's Group #2  
jmfox said:
Has anyone considered forming a buyer's group for the purchase of a toolcat and accessories? There could be an advantage in making large lot purchases. Even considering the travel costs, this could produce considerable savings. As to warranty, I believe it can be handle by any dealer in the Bobcat network.

jmf

I agree with you, even with travel expenses savings could be significant and Bobcat service could be obtained anyware. Do you have a dealer in mind that would offer a quanity discount?

/ Buyer's Group #3  
This will be interesting to see how this thread pans out.
Pros and cons to doing this.

/ Buyer's Group
mrbobcat said:

Sometimes the price of convenience is too high. We all would like the girl next door to be the perfect sweet heart, but it doesn't always work that way. From what I'm seeing, Bobcat dealers are not all the same. A large order may be appreciated by some more than others.

jmf

/ Buyer's Group #5  
mrbobcat said:
I cannot think of any cons. Why would anyone pay more for the same product. My local dealer is willing to give me 5% off the list price of the toolcat. One member recently posted he paid 25% off list, on a $50,000 machine that’s 10 grand in savings! And he only purchased one toolcat, how much could we save if even 3 or 4 people got together??

/ Buyer's Group #6  
I for one can think of a lot of things that I would rather spend $10,000 on. How can anyone justify paying and extra $10,000 the same machine with the same warranty?

/ Buyer's Group #7  
I'm not saying its a bad idea , by any means. Just curious about it.
I can tell you for sure , with out a doubt , there is NOT 25% markup off list price on that machine. If that member did get 25% off of list the dealer either lost money , or was given a false list price.
I will agree that alot of dealers have the attitude that "no one else makes one" , say full list is the only way to go. That IMO is the wrong answer , but if a dealer can make it work , good for him. Wont fly in my area at all.
I dont want to start a war here at all , just putting some info out for thought thats all.

One of the big cons i can think of would be local dealer support if you have a problem. Yes , any dealer has to do the warranty , no matter where it purchased , but does that dealer have to make it top priority when you are down and need the machine? ( remember he didnt make a penny on the sale). What about calling the service dept up and asking a question? You may not recieve a warm recption. Im not saying any of this would happen , but it could. Just something to chew on.

The buyers gorup would be a good idea if say there was a negtioaged discount , and finance rate , but yet honored buy the dealer in your area. Very hard to pull off , but would be the best for everyone in the long run.

Just my .02

Scott

/ Buyer's Group
mrbobcat said:
If that member did get 25% off of list the dealer either lost money , or was given a false list price.

Wont fly in my area at all.
Scott

Members mwthompson2 and panther1400 seemed pretty clear about the deal they were getting. I don't care about percentages just a number I can live with. When I asked my dealer for something in that price range the conversation ended. I guess some dealers do not like to compete, and will treat a buyer's group like a union, but I truly believe it is my right to choose my dealer rather than an arranged marriage by corporate.

Why do you think it won't fly in your area?

jmf

Last edited:
   / Buyer's Group #9  
mrbobcat said:
One of the big cons i can think of would be local dealer support if you have a problem. Yes , any dealer has to do the warranty , no matter where it purchased , but does that dealer have to make it top priority when you are down and need the machine? ( remember he didnt make a penny on the sale). What about calling the service dept up and asking a question? You may not recieve a warm recption. Im not saying any of this would happen , but it could. Just something to chew on.

Scott
Even if you did pay full list price at a local dealer there is no guarantee you would get top priority. If you really did need the unit ASAP with $10,000 you could rent another machine when yours is in for service and still have a very significant savings left over.

/ Buyer's Group
Does everyone agree that the basic configuration should be a bkt, 90 inch mower, High Flow, 7 pin attach control, Deluxe Road Package, cab A/C & heat, and 29" tires? As to additional attachments I am thinking that our respective Bobcat dealers should be considered.

jmf

Last edited: