buying 1st first tractor, L4701 or mx5200...or?

/ buying 1st first tractor, L4701 or mx5200...or? #11  
You are not going to go wrong with either. I opted for a different brand because it met my needs better. The L and MX are fairly close in capacities. I personally would opt for a full blown M series but that is personal preference.

/ buying 1st first tractor, L4701 or mx5200...or? #12  
Sticking to a budget narrows down choices however if you could swing the mx as you mentioned, I'd go with that.

/ buying 1st first tractor, L4701 or mx5200...or? #13  
Nice property!

C&N is a full service full price dealer. Nice folk, and if that's what you want they'll do fine. I got quotes from them and the Kubota dealer in San Jose, and shopped all the other brands. My property is smaller and hillier and I wanted a smaller tractor than you're looking at. I ended up getting my Branson from Dave's Tractor in Red Bluff. I do my own maintenance so it'd only have to go to the dealer for warranty work that couldn't be shipped to me.

You can save some money by going with a brush hog (rotary cutter) instead of the flail mower, or a Woodmaxx flail. Flails take more maintenance than rotaries and can't handle thick brush as well (depending on the flail- some super heavy duty ones can). But they cut cleaner and there's less implement hanging out and getting in the way. Titan forks instead of the ones quoted will save a bit. Some people have been unhappy with the Kubota top and tilt delivery time and operation and have gone with Fit-Rite.

/ buying 1st first tractor, L4701 or mx5200...or? #14  
The 4701 is a nice tractor. I really like mine. I agree though I think you might want something bigger for your property. Sometimes it is nice to have a big tractor and a smaller tractor around. There are some jobs that just aren't well suited for a big tractor.

/ buying 1st first tractor, L4701 or mx5200...or? #15  
Between the two, you will find the FEL stronger on the MX. The 4701 and the MX are nearly the same on the 3PH, but differ in front end. You may never actually see the difference in the things you do - until you need to grapple something that the L just can't lift. If that were to never happen, the L will save you money.

/ buying 1st first tractor, L4701 or mx5200...or? #16  
You are spending a LOT of $$$. Shop everything just so you know what is available and what the costs are, sort of eliminates second guessing yourself.

You may want to post a few more pictures and ask Tbners what implement-s would work best to accomplish what it is that you want to do.

Just like in contracting, you NEVER only get one bid.

You sure have a nice place there, good luck with the endeavor. :thumbsup:

/ buying 1st first tractor, L4701 or mx5200...or? #17  
I think the MX would work fine for what you are doing. Do yourself a favor and look at used implements. That dealer is murdering you on implement prices.

Good luck.

/ buying 1st first tractor, L4701 or mx5200...or? #18  
I just looked at the quote for the L4701. I think that is way too high. I bought mine about a year and a half ago and I think I paid around $28,000 for the exact tractor with a front end loader. Plus I have a 6 foot medium duty landpride shredder and palate forks in that same price as well. I'm not sure why the dealer listed power steering and telescopic lower links on the quote. As far as I know all of the L4701s have this as standard equipment. I think I would shop around a bit. Even if you go with the MX or in my opinion an M series. Something just seems off to me about that quote. It never hurts to look around.

/ buying 1st first tractor, L4701 or mx5200...or? #19  
I just looked at the quote for the L4701. I think that is way too high. I bought mine about a year and a half ago and I think I paid around $28,000 for the exact tractor with a front end loader. Plus I have a 6 foot medium duty landpride shredder and palate forks in that same price as well. I'm not sure why the dealer listed power steering and telescopic lower links on the quote. As far as I know all of the L4701s have this as standard equipment. I think I would shop around a bit. Even if you go with the MX or in my opinion an M series. Something just seems off to me about that quote. It never hurts to look around.

It never does hurt, but, and I've run across this more then once, it seems like there's a definite "local" price range for tractors. Someone just bought a M7060 with Cab, second remote, FEL and a few other options for 46K and change. That would be a **** steal around here.

/ buying 1st first tractor, L4701 or mx5200...or?
I appreciate everyones advice. Thanks for taking the time. For those of you who are recommending the Larger M series, Grand L, or a full cab, I cant do it. I first started looking at the $20-$25000 Branson 5220R. And that was about the max I was realistically willing to spend, but have read that the Kubota's are a better built tractor, etc, dealer support is not far, where as Branson is nowhere in sight.

If staying with Kubota, the MX5200 will be the one. I will look at another kubota dealer later this week, and have them price one out. everything is just more dang expensive here in the CA. With that being said, here is another invoice with the MX5200, price just keeps gettin higher. lol

As far as implements, IF buying new, what prices should I expect to pay, vs what Im getting quoted? Dont know how tractor dealers work, but maybe its like a car dealer where I can haggle the price on those?

I'm most definitely thinking of dropping that flail mower, good god those are expensive. I'll have to pick one of those up used.

IMG_1039_zpsjjzcboij.jpg

IMG_1040_zpsvpasdwhj.jpg