buying 1st first tractor, L4701 or mx5200...or?

/ buying 1st first tractor, L4701 or mx5200...or? #21  
Kubota often provides incentive money to its dealers when they sell a tractor and three Land Pride and/or Kubota implements at one time, as a package. Dealer may get $1,000. However, Kubota dealer incentives shift every sales quarter. All can be wrapped into "0" financing.

/ buying 1st first tractor, L4701 or mx5200...or? #22  
Those prices look crazy. A friend of mine just bought an MX 5200 with the loader included for under $27000. They're charging you $10k more than that. Get another quote!!

And I'd agree with the others who are telling you to shop other brands. Just walk around at a few other lots and see what $45k can buy you. My guess is that you can buy a tractor similar to the MX with a cab for that price from another manufacturer.

/ buying 1st first tractor, L4701 or mx5200...or? #23  
Yes, it may be possible to get an LS for less money, and you may sacrifice only a little sophistication in components. However, I found that they did not offer a hydraulic thumb for the backhoe that I wanted, and my LS dealer is not open on Saturday at all. Those things kept me away from LS.

In the end, I bought the MX5800 with much the same items that you show. However, I did not get the Landpride Flail - too expensive. I bought the Caroni and it works well so far.

So, there are similarities in what I paid as well. I see taxes were not added, so you managed to escape that charge.

I also, however bought the backhoe with hydraulic thumb, so my end price was significantly higher as well as going with the 5800 v/x the 5200.

If there are cheaper prices in other parts of the U.S., that is not unusual at all.

/ buying 1st first tractor, L4701 or mx5200...or? #24  
Why not look at the MX4800?

/ buying 1st first tractor, L4701 or mx5200...or? #25  
I view tractors like I was advised when I bought an air compressor- buy one size bigger than you think you will need.

/ buying 1st first tractor, L4701 or mx5200...or?
Why not look at the MX4800?

going from the 4800 to 5200 isn't much more they are pretty close in price. From what Ive read on here, the extra little tiny bit of HP can be helpful, and also being turbo would be a good thing....I haven't ever heard of someone say, I wish I never had a turbo. :)

I hope I can try and haggle the price with the guy. But I don't know....I will definitely look around and compare. I thank you guys for all this help. Really.

/ buying 1st first tractor, L4701 or mx5200...or? #27  
Do you need to buy a new tractor, will a low hour tractor be better for your budget?
Looking at your hills, make sure you get adjustable rear rims and set them to max wide for stability, alternatively, fit dual rear wheels( stability and traction).
good luck

/ buying 1st first tractor, L4701 or mx5200...or? #28  
Gentlemen, I am sorry I didn't specify about the vineyards. mother in law lease those out to a manager, who maintains all of those, not my responsibility. The manager for that has all the equipment (not organic so yes, fungicides are used, pressurized cabs, harvesters, etc,etc. they have it all). My cousin has a small amount of cattle (40) way on the other side, away from all that. They mainly stay way up on top and only come down below for the trough.

So MY tractor that I am looking to get is not for commercial use, does not really need to fit in tight spaces or through rows. here's some more pics of my actual working area:

<images snipped>
this is the corral behind that barn, yes, lots of junk to move and get out of there! clean up time! LOL

I have to recut this area, where I started to build a shop last summer, but had to stop due to not having my own FEL, (hired help with a skid-steer) and the rain this year was really bad, it somewhat gave in, so thatll be a good project.

we do have this old 1970's international pull tractor with wheel mower, disc, box scraper, all older manual equipment, but it works. we have nothing like a utility tractor with a front end loader. which I really need!

have to remove about an acre of sage brush:

So as you can see, lots of mowing, dirt moving, grooming, I have lots of downed oak to move, lots of fences to repair so a definite need for a post hole digger.

Please realize, I originally had a budget of $20K and I was looking at the Branson 5220R, but no dealer in sight, and I'd rather have a name brand and dealer support is important to me, they are local, so I feel I really had to up my budget by going with a Kubota, which is already pretty high, (really prefer not to exceed $40-45K.) Plus, a Kubota rep lives down the road and he came out and checked out my land and for what I need thought the L4701 would be a good choice. Then I thought I might as well go with an MX5200...lol

I do appreciate all your guy's insight.
Was that budget of $20K with or without implements?

How many hours do you anticipate putting on it in a year?

Whats the heaviest thing you will need to lift routinely?

It's your money but for what you plan on doing:
have to remove about an acre of sage brush:
So as you can see, lots of mowing, dirt moving, grooming, I have lots of downed oak to move, lots of fences to repair so a definite need for a post hole digger.
I think a nice used about 40HP tractor would take care of your projects.

A QUICK look at Tractorhouse turned up a 2015 KUBOTA L3901D with 256 hours going for $18.5K in San Jose.

/ buying 1st first tractor, L4701 or mx5200...or? #29  
I gave $14K for my L4701F two wheel drive gear drive brand new with no FEL. I use a 1 ton pallet lift and you can move alot of dirt with a box blade.

/ buying 1st first tractor, L4701 or mx5200...or?
Was that budget of $20K with or without implements?

How many hours do you anticipate putting on it in a year?

Whats the heaviest thing you will need to lift routinely?

It's your money but for what you plan on doing:
I think a nice used about 40HP tractor would take care of your projects.

A QUICK look at Tractorhouse turned up a 2015 KUBOTA L3901D with 256 hours going for $18.5K in San Jose.

That budget ($25K) was for the tractor and loader only. BUT, there is no Branson dealer in sight, I think 4 hours away in Sacramento. totally unacceptable. So I thought about Kubota because theyre so close. (20 minutes). Little did I know, after looking at implements, there are many things I could most definitely use on a daily basis, so Ironically, being able to finance something at 0%, implements included, makes it more "affordable"...?? maybe..lol....If you look at my down payment of $7500, that is what I have in cash, anything I were to buy outright, it'd have to be $7500. LOL

Hours per year, Hard to say....hours per day, maybe 2-4. weekends, all day, morning till night until I'm done.

Heaviest thing will be downed oak trees that I have cut in big rounds. I have a lot of road maintaining, with decent traffic, 5 homes on this property. So, big heaping buckets of 1/2" gravel, the more I can carry the better.

I agree with the air compressor statement..I really should stay with something on the bigger side. :)