Buying a 3 point hitch disc

/ Buying a 3 point hitch disc #21  
Oh, well thats helpful. Although I am not sure about "widening" the rear gang?
Does the adjustment to set the angel of the rear gang result in a wider cut of the disc?
Thanks

Actually, it is more than just adjusting the angle. Loosen the U-bolts on the carrier bar and slide the whole gang out on each side. That is how the wider cut can be obtained. As mentioned, they are set narrow for shipping and delivery.

It does reduce the area a bit that is double cut by the front and rear gangs going over the same ground but it is not enough to make a serious difference or degrade the discing to any extent.

/ Buying a 3 point hitch disc #22  
Ok, got it. Thats good news, I really wanted a 3 point hitch syle anyway.

/ Buying a 3 point hitch disc #23  
I have one of the KK box frame discs. Mine is 5 1/2 feet wide and has notched blades front and back. Weighs about 50 lbs per blade IIRC. I like it very much and it is well made with good welds. I bought it at a fair price.....and it will last me a long time.

On page 1, FWJ made excellent points about discs and operating in general. His information is great.

I generally use my disc to open new ground....after grinding out the stumps and getting the timber, brush and rocks picked up. My ground is sandy loam and the disc does a good job of turning new soil. I like the maneuverability of a 3 point disc for my small food plots carved out of the forest. I used to put a weight on the frame (big old log)....but now will make two passes instead and have the blades set up as FWJ describes. Usually by the second pass I am down to the hubs for depth. More than adequate.

I've broke a couple of blades on rocks or hitting a tree.....but this is extreme duty. After my land has been broken with the disc....and I have found all the buried "treasures"......I typically use a tiller and a drag to till for my food plots.