Buying Advice Buying a Bobcat as they exit the business

/ Buying a Bobcat as they exit the business #61  
I can't imagine my dealer not trying to help a Bobcat owner out as best he can. Why would he be an *** about it? He could get a tractor sale in the future out of it, or he could piss off a customer who will never buy a thing from him again....
I guess your right though, it would probably be a good idea to visit the local Kioti dealer and ask about parts in the future, and see if they are reasonable or not. Probably buying the Bobcat service and parts manuals would be cheap insurance as well, just to have on hand to match parts numbers or give to the service tech if your tractor needed major surgery in a decade or two.

/ Buying a Bobcat as they exit the business #62  
So I have to ask, has anyone actually gone into a Kioti dealer and asked if they are willing to sell Kioti parts for a Bobcat? I ask because I know some companies will refuse out of liability reasons. It could be each Kioti dealers decides for themselves or maybe Kioti will just provide all the dealers with the manuals to make sure they get the correct part. How often do you read threads about a dealer not wanting to do work on a tractor bought somewhere else even though it's the same brand? Or how grey market tractors get treated. Remember, for a lot of us any purchase will be a 20 to 30 year investment, I would want to verify I have more than a 10 year supply of parts. I wouldn't rule a Bobcat out but I would do my homework now to try and avoid frustration down the road.

First off, there's no way if I walk in with a fist full of cash they won't sell me any part I ask for.

Second, if you are worried about it, tell them you own a CK30 if you really have a CT230 or a DK40 if you have a CT440 etc... I don't usually bring my tractor along to get an oil filter, so how would they know the difference?

I almost think MessickFarmEqu is simply pushing to sell more Bota's with his comments here, but I do agree with one thing he said, there will likely be some confusion at the parts desk, especially if you're reading a Bobcat service manual. If you're going to deal with a Kioti dealer investing in a Kioti service manual for your tractor may be a good move. For many/most parts, a lot of us just go to the parts desk and ask for "that thingy that goes under that tubey thing with the flatish piece that bends around the hose like part" anyway. Just don't tell the parts guy the parts are white in you mind and he should still be able to help you.:laughing:

/ Buying a Bobcat as they exit the business #63  
... For many/most parts, a lot of us just go to the parts desk and ask for "that thingy that goes under that tubey thing with the flatish piece that bends around the hose like part" anyway. Just don't tell the parts guy the parts are white in you mind and he should still be able to help you.:laughing:

If you try that around here they will make you turn in your man card before you leave the shop...

/ Buying a Bobcat as they exit the business #64  
So I have to ask, has anyone actually gone into a Kioti dealer and asked if they are willing to sell Kioti parts for a Bobcat? I ask because I know some companies will refuse out of liability reasons. It could be each Kioti dealers decides for themselves or maybe Kioti will just provide all the dealers with the manuals to make sure they get the correct part. How often do you read threads about a dealer not wanting to do work on a tractor bought somewhere else even though it's the same brand? Or how grey market tractors get treated. Remember, for a lot of us any purchase will be a 20 to 30 year investment, I would want to verify I have more than a 10 year supply of parts. I wouldn't rule a Bobcat out but I would do my homework now to try and avoid frustration down the road.

When Oldsmobile ceased to exist after 100 years... Buick sent out postcards to Olds Owners soliciting their business.

Currently, I own several orphan cars and aftermarket parts sources are sufficient to keep them on the road.

Between my Kubota, Deere and Caterpillar... I would say CAT hands down has provided the best service and support on my now 30 year old Dozer.

My Dealer, who I spent very little with over the years will always ask if it's a rush and will offer to bring it to the jobsite at no extra charge...

/ Buying a Bobcat as they exit the business #65  
CurlyDave said:
If you try that around here they will make you turn in your man card before you leave the shop...

I think he meant that he didn't show up with part numbers in hand, but instead looked parts up from the diagrams / parts book.

/ Buying a Bobcat as they exit the business #66  
Look on the Yellow side of the fence - Construction equipment.
And a NH dealer should know. NH heavy equipment is a joke, try to get parts for any of their equipment. It's a guessing game of who made it, since they didn't. Kobelco made their excavators, which trying to get Kobelco parts for some series, is hard enough. Let alone anything else.

It is hard (and CNH even owns Kobelco). Like I said, if the company does not build the product... I'd find something else. Maybe thats just me.

I almost think MessickFarmEqu is simply pushing to sell more Bota's with his comments here, but I do agree with one thing he said, there will likely be some confusion at the parts desk, especially if you're reading a Bobcat service manual.

Its not going to help me any. People on here are spread all over the country, the odds that someone here is within our radius is pretty slim. Just trying to help out the community.

/ Buying a Bobcat as they exit the business #67  
I have two older skid steers and I find the Bobcat dealers are great for parts. The dealers in our area are pleasant, helpful and the parts are pretty cheap (especially wear items).