Buying a first Tractor; HST or not?

/ Buying a first Tractor; HST or not? #181  
Moss, we already know who would win any tractor competition, it would be JimBinMi with the Mighty NH TC18. The real question is who would come in second.

I love folks with a great sense of humor, Wasabi, Moss, Keep it UP, your great. Hehehehehe. Rat...

/ Buying a first Tractor; HST or not? #183  
One of the best replies I've read thus far. But getting someone to supply the tractors that might be a tough one. Well we could always ask Steve Carver for a couple of loaners. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

The head to head of a hst and a gear tractor next to each other would be the one fair way to get this thread over and done with. But not to be a stuck up or a what ever that you all have said in past posts about attitude of the hst owners,,,,well gentleman that is the real deal one against the other. How did that song go? Won't you dance one time billy boy. Oh yea Now all we have to do is figure out what skills would be best to test in the different timed events..

This next statement is from a farmer down the street who tills about 1500 acres and I qoute. "Yes I spray with a gear tractor BUT the rule of what speed you are actually going with the chart is only a guesstamate. Tire wear, slipping or spinning of tires, tire size all come into the figure of the amount of spray your putting down. But for me I take the numbers from my hst combine (John Deere) and hit save then plug that memory card into the sprayer and get the correct amout across the field, not only in the high spots but the low as well. Takes the guess work out of it. Yes it costs alot but the production is well worth it if your doing more than a couple of hundred acres of ground. Gps has taken farming to a whole different level.

Oh and I did tell a fib because I said that I was done with this thread and anything dealing with the match up of hst to gear tractors. But after the best idea of all,,,to match up one operator against another, I just had to reply to that one.

Gordon

/ Buying a first Tractor; HST or not? #184  
Gordon,
A head to head wouldn’t work either. The reason is that no matter who won, the other camp would say that it was the operator not the tractor that lost.

/ Buying a first Tractor; HST or not? #185  
The poll is over. The results are in. The horse is dead!!!!!!!

/ Buying a first Tractor; HST or not? #186  
What kind of horse was it? A belgian or a clydesdale? I bet if someone supplies two horses and we get one operator we could finally ............ /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Buying a first Tractor; HST or not? #187  
--and all this without any provocation on my part. Holycow. /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif . I think I am going to go insult JD guys some more, to hot in this oven for an ol'crow. J

/ Buying a first Tractor; HST or not? #188  
I'll add to the feeding frenzy - If your loads are primarily pto (mower, tiller, etc), use hydro. If your loads are primarily draft (pulling, such as a plow), use gears.