Buying a new GN trailer: tilt or deckover?

/ Buying a new GN trailer: tilt or deckover? #171  
Oh I don't know that one setup is better than the other. Mine is just what I ended up with.

I definitely like your lower deck. My dovetail is a foot shorter, but even with that considered, look how much steeper mine is. I used my buddies trailer last week (like yours) to haul the Bobcat. I noticed a big difference when backing off his trailer. Mine is a bit of a shock when the Bobcat goes overcenter to sit on the dovetail. I barely noticed on his.

For me, you've almost bought the ultimate trailer. I just need a little more length. Congrats!!!! :thumbsup:

/ Buying a new GN trailer: tilt or deckover?
Yes, it will fit and even be green, here is a quote from the Website:

Here is another use for the top receiver:
View attachment 360730 View attachment 360731 View attachment 360732 View attachment 360733

That is great to know. I reckon I might just buy one of these soon! :thumbsup:

Oh I don't know that one setup is better than the other. Mine is just what I ended up with.

I definitely like your lower deck. My dovetail is a foot shorter, but even with that considered, look how much steeper mine is. I used my buddies trailer last week (like yours) to haul the Bobcat. I noticed a big difference when backing off his trailer. Mine is a bit of a shock when the Bobcat goes overcenter to sit on the dovetail. I barely noticed on his.

For me, you've almost bought the ultimate trailer. I just need a little more length. Congrats!!!! :thumbsup:

Thank you, and thank you for all your help in making the decision. I'm really, really pleased with this trailer. I know the PJ is a little tougher, but this baby will suit me perfectly for what I will do with it.

And I know what you mean about the steep dove! The trailer I borrowed and used before I bought this one had 5 foot ramps (for a lowboy, though). :eek: I rode a wheelie onto that trailer, and backing off was not fun either!

/ Buying a new GN trailer: tilt or deckover? #173  

Attachments

• 20140214_144430.jpg
    20140214_144430.jpg
    551.9 KB · Views: 96
   / Buying a new GN trailer: tilt or deckover? #174  
Econometrics,
You made the correct decision!

One of the dumbest decisions I made was selling this trailer, even though I made $$ on it. 32' total with a 9' hydraulic dovetail. Tail would also raise in the air for crossings in fields. And it had solar charger on top of the neck to trickle charge the battery, plus it was a low pro model. Low pro is the way to go in the long term.

My advise when loading something, don't chain/strap down your tractor with the tractor tires sitting on the metal above the trailer tires on low-pro models. Eventually it will leave a dip in the metal. Look at some used low-pro models to see what I'm saying.

Attachments

• 2012-03-10_13-39-41_270.jpg
    2012-03-10_13-39-41_270.jpg
    308 KB · Views: 85
  • 2012-03-10_13-38-02_333.jpg
    2012-03-10_13-38-02_333.jpg
    357.2 KB · Views: 99
  • 2012-03-10_13-44-28_124.jpg
    2012-03-10_13-44-28_124.jpg
    352 KB · Views: 73
Econometrics, You made the correct decision! One of the dumbest decisions I made was selling this trailer, even though I made $$ on it. 32' total with a 9' hydraulic dovetail. Tail would also raise in the air for crossings in fields. And it had solar charger on top of the neck to trickle charge the battery, plus it was a low pro model. Low pro is the way to go in the long term. My advise when loading something, don't chain/strap down your tractor with the tractor tires sitting on the metal above the trailer tires on low-pro models. Eventually it will leave a dip in the metal. Look at some used low-pro models to see what I'm saying.

That was one sweet trailer you had there, wow!

Good advice on not parking the load on the steel over the wheels. I had thought to myself that it would wear down the steel over time, so I'm glad you confirmed my suspicions on that! I had looked at the support under those steel wheel covers on the bed and thought they didn't look like they would handle heavy loads riding on them very well over time.

/ Buying a new GN trailer: tilt or deckover? #176  
The trailer looks good econometrics!

/ Buying a new GN trailer: tilt or deckover? #178  
Lots of good information in this thread.

Sure wish we had $2 watermelons around here. :(

My advice to those looking at new trailers: get underneath the trailer and check the welds. If they are crappy welds, run!

/ Buying a new GN trailer: tilt or deckover? #179  
econometrics,
Looks to be a nice trailer and doubt you will outgrow it any time soon.