Buying a new tractor, give me some advice!

/ Buying a new tractor, give me some advice! #21  
Well I just sold my 42 hp 2wd mahindra. It was really too much to haul around easy and I really like the idea of 4wd. I'm still hung up on these LS tractors. Any opinions on them? I like the idea of the warranty. Is HST really the way to go?

The local LS dealer quoted me 13,900 for the s3010, 14500.00 for the g3033, and 15,500 for the g3038

LS tractors are very nice machines and would definitely be considered if I was in the market for a new tractor. :thumbsup: Are those prices with a loader? :confused: If so you most likely would have a hard time beating those prices. Remember though, those are the economy models and do not have the GOODIES with them.

Good luck with your search. ;)

/ Buying a new tractor, give me some advice! #22  
I offer the following suggestions: Exercise patience and caution and study tractors, attachments, and what you want to be able to do. Read the comparisons on the list. Look at the threads that talk about issues, repairs, and problems and note that some brands seem to have a lot more issues than others. Owners of particular brands generally recommend the brand that they have unless they have had issues. Keep in mind that there are some real bargains out there, but generally you get what you pay for. If you are buying from a dealer talk to people that have purchased from that dealer and find out his/her service record and how long has that dealership been in business. What kind of repair facility do they have and what are people saying about what they have had repaired or done by this shop. A quality performing tractor will long outlive an initially lower price. In other words shop value for your money rather than price. A good performing tractor is a joy to operate and one that is problematic is a real pain in the a**. Shopping can be fun if you let it. If you can wait until next year to purchase your tractor consider a trip to the National Farm Machinery Show in Louisville, KY in February. There are literally hundreds of brands there and attachments galore. This is touted as being the largest farm machinery show in the world. Occasionally, you can even find a discounted tractor and attachments there, but that is not the object of the show. We go every year and spend at least a day wandering around looking at all the marvelous toys, ah tools, that they have for us the consumer.

/ Buying a new tractor, give me some advice! #23  
I believe that the Louisville AG show is the largest indoor AG show with 1.2 million square feet and 850 displays. Around 300,000 people attend in the 4 day period. I hope to go to it one day.

The Tulare World AG Expo is bigger in actual size with 2.5 million square feet of exhibit space & 1600 exhibits. But in 3 days usually only attracts about 100,000 people.

These shows are a prime location to go shopping and be able to compare quality & price. You can often get a very good deal on a unit that is actually on location as long as you haul it away at the end of the show. Well worth the time and money if you happen to be looking to purchase a tractor or implement at the time of the show.