Buying advice - tractor for horse stable

/ Buying advice - tractor for horse stable #11  
From my very limited experience, my JD 4105 CUT (or similar) would definitely fit the bill. Only yesterday I had 9 LARGE (5'+) bales delivered & the tractor handled, and stacked, these bales with no strain at all.

The 4105 is a somewhat bare-bones model... it's designed/sold as such. I'm sure that the other 'coloured' tractors would also offer a similar model... but you have to ask about them. :2cents:

/ Buying advice - tractor for horse stable #12  
Like already mentioned, HP won't really be an issue so don't focus on that. To comfortably lift and handle 1100 lbs, I agree that you'll want a lift capacity of 2000lbs or higher.

Pretty much all the modem compact tractors, regardless of brand, are comparable and good, so it'll come down to what she personally likes, what's available near her, and how much she wants to spend.

/ Buying advice - tractor for horse stable #13  
the best tractor to fitt your needs in my eyes would be a mx5100hst 4x4 fel or the 5740 hst 4x4 fel.the mx5100 la844 can lift 1100lbs with ease.an the rear 3pt can lift 2200lbs give or take.

/ Buying advice - tractor for horse stable
First of all thank you all for the great Input and advice. As i think it would be wise to grow into taking care of the pasture without the help of the neighbors and getting a flail mower someday for example, i would like to stay away from skid steers. I already thought of the Deere 4105 (or 4005) as i am kinda green (have a X495 for my lawn) but thought that the weight of 3000lbs is a little low. I really like the 5045E. But unfortunately Prices here in Germany are quite high. Budget would be Maximum of 19K$ wich is roughly 14K Euros, preferebly in the 12-16 K$ range. It seems that for that Kind of Money i would get here a Utility tractor which is 15-20 years old and has >5000 hours.The Kioti DS4510 HS for example runs for appr. 34K$ over here. I think i schould evaluate the possibility to Import a Maschine from the USA. Additional costs would be 19% taxes and probably 2 Grand for freight. So if i want to stay within Budget I could spend roughly 13-14 K$ ex-works Price in the US.

/ Buying advice - tractor for horse stable
Hmmm,

from the first look, it seems the US market would have some matching maschines for my use within my Budget. I will try to find out how much the freight would be for the great Pond...perhaps that is a viable Option.

/ Buying advice - tractor for horse stable #17  
Hmmm,

from the first look, it seems the US market would have some matching maschines for my use within my Budget. I will try to find out how much the freight would be for the great Pond...perhaps that is a viable Option.

Just to give you a comparison point, a new LS R3039 is just under 3,000lbs (without the FEL), can lift 2,250lbs, and runs around $19,000 for a shuttle shift version.

If you go used, I think you could get something in the $15K range, give or take.

/ Buying advice - tractor for horse stable #18  
So it is about a 1963 tractor. What model? Have considered and estimated the cost to get it completely fixed up?

/ Buying advice - tractor for horse stable #19  
I've been using my JD 5103 since 2008. It has served me well. it's a 50HP can lift ~2000lbs without extra ballast although it helps. It's only 2wd but depending on your terrain it shold do fine. The good thing is it's not that expensive of a tractor. I've used it for transporting bales easily ~1500lbs. For mowing, moving dirt and other tasks. It's simple as there isn't any electronics. It's a shuttle shift which for the tasks at hand works very well.

Good luck.

/ Buying advice - tractor for horse stable #20  
I would think just about any 40 HP tractor should lift a 1100# bale. MY brother in law routinely lifts 1500 # super sacks of grain with his 2310 NH. It does get a little light on the rear with only his light weight bushhog for rear ballast but it does it. He can stack 4x5 hay bales to the 3rd row height with it also but you do have to get the bale spear low on the bale not centered but weight isn't the problem, lift height is the only restriction. I don't think you would need more than 40 PTO HP tractor of whatever brand you find that meets your budget needs.