Buying from different dealer

/ Buying from different dealer #1  

Ben7

Tractor
Kubota
Buying my first tractor and had a question about warranty work and buying from a different dealer. My local dealer just cant get within a ballpark range of a out of state dealer, I mean by 6k. Does Mahindra's warranty only cover the dealer you purchase from? i'd prefer to buy local, but they just will not get within a reasonable amount of the out of state dealer. Anyone have experience with this?

/ Buying from different dealer #2  
Your going to get varying opinions on this from guys on this site. I personally would drive several hunderd miles just to save $2k on a vehicle or tractor. This is assuming you don't farm or use it to earn a living.

If you use it to make a living or farm the dealer is more important. If you do not; the dealer is much less important. I have bought tons of cars/tractors/mowers etc. and I never give the dealer a second thought.

Mahindra will do warranty work at any Mahindra dealer I am almost 100% sure of this; the Mahindra guys can confirm!

$6k will cover a lot of implements and repairs and even your local Mahindra dealer won't turn away the money of warranty work.

/ Buying from different dealer #3  
Any dealer can do warranty work but they don't have to. Some are not as fast/cooperative if you buy the tractor elsewhere, or they may just put you at the back of the line.

I assume the local dealer you're referring to is Old Dominion up in Richmond? I live up the road from you in Toano. My neighbor bought his Mahindra from Old Dominion.

/ Buying from different dealer #4  
If you have 6 k to burn I’ll send you a prepaid envelope to put it in. Go to another dealer.

/ Buying from different dealer
Any dealer can do warranty work but they don't have to. Some are not as fast/cooperative if you buy the tractor elsewhere, or they may just put you at the back of the line.

I assume the local dealer you're referring to is Old Dominion up in Richmond? I live up the road from you in Toano. My neighbor bought his Mahindra from Old Dominion.

Yea, is he happy with their service? I heard they just got purchased by Land and Coates.

/ Buying from different dealer #6  
For a thousand I wouldn't go to another dealer, for $6k I'm history.

/ Buying from different dealer #7  
The local Kubota dealer doesn’t have any objections to taking my money for parts for a tractor I didn’t buy there. They’ll work on anything Kubota or not bought there or not if you’ve got the money.

/ Buying from different dealer #8  
The local Kubota dealer doesn’t have any objections to taking my money for parts for a tractor I didn’t buy there. They’ll work on anything Kubota or not bought there or not if you’ve got the money.

Yep, haven't had one reject work or money for tractor I didn't by there

/ Buying from different dealer #9  
I go with the best deal - always. My construction dealer is a friend and usually has the best price but if not I will bring him the deal I was offered elsewhere and he will match it. I will not buy local just because but I always give them a shot. If I find a better price elsewhere I will print it out and go to the local dealer with a check wrote out in that amount and a blank payee and hand them the paper and check and say I am buying one today who it is from I do not care so you can match the price and we have a deal or I am getting on the road. We have bought eight new vehicles in the past four years and our local dealers are horrible on price. I bought almost all of them out of town and some out of state. Heck I will even tell the local guys I will give $1000 more than the other dealer as I figure that is what my time is worth to go get one out of town and they won’t do it. I don’t know about tractors but on autos the dealerships can get in major trouble with the parent company if they even hint at you getting lesser warranty service at their shop if you bought elsewhere.

/ Buying from different dealer #10  
6K compare to others that alone would send warning,maybe its time find different make and model.