Buying from different dealer

/ Buying from different dealer #11  
I can't imagine there would be $6K room on a CUT. That would be a 30% discount on a $20K tractor. Is the dealer liquidating? Are you looking at a package deal of tractor and implements?

If a package deal, is the local dealer quoting premium implements and the distant dealer quoting light duty/price point implements?

/ Buying from different dealer #12  
6 grand does raise the question if this quote is apples to apples or ????? Makes me wonder if the out of state dealer is peddling some old 2015 stock or something but even if he were and the tractor compared I would go for it.

I wonder how the service manager or owner would react to this question?

There was a time when auto manufacturers would encourage people to buy from their servicing dealer. I think GM used to be famous for that.

I always felt like it wasn't worth it for $500 but for a thousand I would be down the road.

/ Buying from different dealer #13  
Verify final out the door place before you drive there.
I drove 4 hours 1 way to buy a new truck only to find out they were sneaky including the manufacturer $2500 rebate already taken off the price listed in the window of truck in pics online and telling me over the phone yes I still get the rebate on top of that price. When I go to sign the final papers I'm like woah wait a minute. This is almost $4000 more than it should be. They showed msrp, then so called sale price minus manufacturer rebate off equaling the window sticker price. Then they tacked on $300 dealer charge and $1k delivery charge. I was sooo fuming pissed. My wife was pissed and kids had been acting up being bored out of their mind during the whole ordeal. We should have walked out then and there but my wife told be to just buy the **** thing and be done because it was the color and options I'd been looking for for almost a year.
The dealer was a dick about it too and gave me a whopping $100 gas card for their shady tactics. Not a day goes by I don't regret buying that truck and that was 7 years ago. After that I vowed to my wife I would never buy another new truck again and buy private party when it was time for a new vehicle.
Good luck!
Ps. I've been looking for a tractor too and haven't even contacted any dealers. They are so nice and helpful when out on display at county fairs but when you actually go to a dealer it seems like you're only bothering them or they talk out their *** about a product they don't know anything more than what color it is.

/ Buying from different dealer #14  
Verify final out the door place before you drive there.
I drove 4 hours 1 way to buy a new truck only to find out they were sneaky including the manufacturer $2500 rebate already taken off the price listed in the window of truck in pics online and telling me over the phone yes I still get the rebate on top of that price. When I go to sign the final papers I'm like woah wait a minute. This is almost $4000 more than it should be. They showed msrp, then so called sale price minus manufacturer rebate off equaling the window sticker price. Then they tacked on $300 dealer charge and $1k delivery charge. I was sooo fuming pissed. My wife was pissed and kids had been acting up being bored out of their mind during the whole ordeal. We should have walked out then and there but my wife told be to just buy the **** thing and be done because it was the color and options I'd been looking for for almost a year.
The dealer was a dick about it too and gave me a whopping $100 gas card for their shady tactics. Not a day goes by I don't regret buying that truck and that was 7 years ago. After that I vowed to my wife I would never buy another new truck again and buy private party when it was time for a new vehicle.
Good luck!
Ps. I've been looking for a tractor too and haven't even contacted any dealers. They are so nice and helpful when out on display at county fairs but when you actually go to a dealer it seems like you're only bothering them or they talk out their *** about a product they don't know anything more than what color it is.

Good point! I bought a 2013 Mustang GT out of state. Had a buyers order via email stating ALL taxes. registration, and fees were included. I don't remember all the details but the signing had more charges than the buyers order. I should have walked but I towed my car trailer up to get it and wanted the car so i signed and loaded it up. After the fact I wrote the owner and complained and sent him the buyers order and details. He had them cut a check for the difference so it all came out okay but deception is the norm these days.

/ Buying from different dealer #15  
Whenever you drive to a dealer not knowing the price you are taking a chance - to take a long drive and then still pay the price is not being in control. The dealer knows they have you committed once you make the drive.

/ Buying from different dealer #16  
Whenever you drive to a dealer not knowing the price you are taking a chance - to take a long drive and then still pay the price is not being in control. The dealer knows they have you committed once you make the drive.

This is why you need a buyers order. In my case I had the buyers order and a cashiers check made out for that amount. The sales manager pulled a sleazy and said they couldn't do the taxes and registration from out of state and mailed me the amount they calculated for that purpose. It fell $685 short but I got it refunded by the dealer.

/ Buying from different dealer #17  
Yea, is he happy with their service? I heard they just got purchased by Land and Coates.

Yeah, they have been real good from what I have seen. I did not know they got bought by Land and Coates -- I wonder if L&C will start carrying Mahindra at their other locations? I have shopped Kubotas at the L&C Gloucester location, but ended up buying from Dubberly Tractor in Chester all three times I bought a Kubota.

/ Buying from different dealer #18  
Could part of the price difference be sales tax? Out of state could be signing you up as farm use, not sure what the implications could be on that. Sales tax (here) on a $20k machine would be $1500

/ Buying from different dealer #19  
$6K was the difference between what we paid for our LS and the MSRP. If you've found that much difference, you either have one dealer quoting MSRP, or one dealer isn't making any money on the sale. Either situation would bother me. Mahindra has their MSRP listed on their website, so you can check there and compare.

/ Buying from different dealer #20  
I was in same state, just north. Live and learn. I didn't do a buyers order but I also was planning on trying to hagle them lower or at least get a deal on a better set of steps added to the deal they said they had and I knew I wanted. Come to find out they only had one drivers side step, the display and said they could order them for me. What a bunch of bone heads. Why would I drive that far to come back for a set of **** steps? The other issue was this dealer actually had 3 trucks I was interested in. My only requirement was black interior and 95% of them were made in grey or tan. I actually didn't know which truck I was going to buy until I test drover 2 of the 3 and the 3rd one was actually being bought as I got there and that was the one I liked the most but also over $4k more because of the package it had on it. Realisticly I should have walked out and if they wanted the sale that bad would have delivered it to my house and or honored the price as out the door instead of hiden nonspoken fees bs.
Same thing happened a while back on new tires. I called around to get installed price on exact model tire and went with 2nd cheapest because it was only a mile from my house. Go to pick the truck up and pay the bill and it's over $20 more than the quote and itemized bill shows mount and balance, valve stems, disposal which were told over the phone then the sneaky part. Shop supplies is listed for $20 something. I asked what exactly is shop supplies to which I'm told "that's air and shop rags" I told them I would never do business with them again and that's rediculous they didn't say that when I got the quote. No sorry from them, just a "well that's your choice" trust, honestly and respect are harder to come by than they should be.