Buying tractors online.

/ Buying tractors online. #21  
I would call the dealer and tell him what's missing and if it was shipped with it . I would file a claim with the trucking company's insurance

You can only file with the trucker's insurance if you know that everything was on the trailer when it left the dealership. Otherwise, it could be construed as fraud. I wouldn't be shocked if those items were stolen off of the tractor while at the dealer's lot. Around here they lose new truck tailgates every day, right from the lot.

/ Buying tractors online. #22  
You can only file with the trucker's insurance if you know that everything was on the trailer when it left the dealership. Otherwise, it could be construed as fraud. I wouldn't be shocked if those items were stolen off of the tractor while at the dealer's lot. Around here they lose new truck tailgates every day, right from the lot.

That's why i said call the dealer first

/ Buying tractors online. #23  

I saw a post on Facebook about putting a hose clamp around the split hinge. It’s not exactly Fort Knox security, but slows the process and they’d be more likely to steal someone else’s tailgate.

/ Buying tractors online.
Top link and floor mat - thats not so bad. $350 for a floor mat - sure that's for a tractor and not a Mercedes Benz?

Anyhow - you got the tractor and are well on the way to a great relationship.

Ya those OEM floor mats are very pricey. But they are part of a clean, quiet, dust free cab. Yes we are I gave her the first of many physicals and baths.........did I just say that?:shocked:

So, what does the dealer have to say about missing top link and floor mat?

$450 top link?

Its a BS story. "It was on the tractor 2 hrs before it was loaded. I moved the tractor myself" Doesn't add up Then he passes it off to his yardman. They have more reasons to swap it into a used tractor. Maybe a rental that had one not so nice. Who knows.:confused3:It was loaded with dirt of which the alleged thief left behind. The trucker would have had to have specific brand, model etc to be of any value. He locked and strapped the cab shut to prevent any accidental opening during trip. The thing is its all speculation on my part. Until someone fesses up than it will remain a mystery. Any gumshoes in the Clanton Alabama area wish to investigate? There is a great Peach festival in June. Top link price factory cat II quick release.

/ Buying tractors online. #26  
Stuff like this happens all the time. Could be an honest mistake. Doubt it. Don't know if you have much recourse other than to try and get some help from the dealer which you have. Only other option is to give bad press via the web. That would be my last resort. I would certainly mention that option to the dealer.

I've bought items off Craigslist but went to pick up before purchase. Had a friend buy a Gleaner sight unseen 1500 miles away from home. He had a trucker friend to check out the unit before purchase. It was as the dealer described. At least now we have videos and pictures to help out. An honest dealer will typically sell "as is". That is honest. Some people don't like to be told that. I prefer it.

Stuff like this happens all the time. Could be an honest mistake. Doubt it. Don't know if you have much recourse other than to try and get some help from the dealer which you have. Only other option is to give bad press via the web. That would be my last resort. I would certainly mention that option to the dealer.

I've bought items off Craigslist but went to pick up before purchase. Had a friend buy a Gleaner sight unseen 1500 miles away from home. He had a trucker friend to check out the unit before purchase. It was as the dealer described. At least now we have videos and pictures to help out. An honest dealer will typically sell "as is". That is honest. Some people don't like to be told that. I prefer it.

Well you have trust but verify. I knew I had my butt hanging in the wind but it could have been worse. It has a few gremlins so far. I understand as is and respect that. But after the signatures have been traded that's just rude. I will get through it. I'm not sure about them.......I am studying VooDoo.