Buying tractors online.

/ Buying tractors online.
Check it over for a few days.

I thought this forum was about sharing stories and experiences. Sorry my post was too long. I will keep quite

/ Buying tractors online. #12  
I'm sure this subject has been broached before but everyday is a new life's lesson. I got my diploma today. I recently bought a Mahindra that was advertised online through Tractor house. Great site with clear pictures an detailed descriptions. Only limited by what the seller wants to share. I have no beef with them. I found the tractor I wanted and contacted the seller. The seller was a bank, no problem the banks own everything. There were plenty of pictures in and out any damage was pointed out and and documented. I want it. Catch, its 1300 miles away. Some more discussions about availability, history and the like. I was planning on renting a truck driving down and bringing it home. Renting a truck is another posting all together. Not a bad experience but pricey for a tractor the size I was buying. So I thought I would drive down there check it out, meet a trucker and everything's good. I placed a request for a bid on a very popular shipping website. Customer service told me 24-48 hours I would start getting bids. Within 2 hrs I had a very good bid. After emailing back and forth for an hour or so I accepted the bid. Only catch...."Can it be ready tomorrow?" There it is that proverbial wrench. My plans were going haywire. What to do, wait it out and personally inspect tractor or trust in mankind and send the trucker over and pick it up. I wish I could blame my little head for my decision but he had nothing to do with it. My big head took charge and forged ahead. Take the shipping deal now, skip inspection in person saving me a 2600 mi round trip and "BELIEVE". With everything worked out with the bank and the dealer and "Lets get er done" attitude we plowed ahead. Honest Americans helping trusting Americans employing Americans. I could almost hear the National Anthem playing in the back ground.:dance1::dance1: Then the music stopped. Tractor picked up last Sat. Headed west instead of east where I am. "I have to get home for a day or two then were on your delivery" Ok I get. Eventually it gets here. Last night 9pm, cold, unloading in the dark. Ya ya ya no big deal backing a tractor off a trailer can be done with one eye closed and an arm tied behind my back. So I did a once over and found a few things missing that the dealer didn't ship. Now I assumed my trucker who I thought I hired as my "Agent" would be more aggressive in making sure all the parts and pieces were thrown in. Lesson one: When a trucker/shipper say's "yep looks good" his pants are undoubtedly down because that is where he is talking from. Lesson 2: when a dealers lips are moving......refer back to lesson one. lesson 3: When a bank say's "The pictures and description are an accurate depiction of the item". Run:mur: Who steals a floor mat:confused3:

I recently posted about not buying any IMPLEMENT sight unseen.
I bought sight unseen, from an implement dealer who is apparently a TBN sponsor.
Dealer fed me a line of BS.
I suckered for it.
Piece of junk import (never mentioned imported) implement was described in glowing terms.
My lesson only cost me $835.

/ Buying tractors online. #13  
I thought this forum was about sharing stories and experiences. Sorry my post was too long. I will keep quite

Who wants you to believe that your post is too long?
It is not!
There is no limitation to explaining your experience!

/ Buying tractors online. #14  
I recently posted about not buying any IMPLEMENT sight unseen.
I bought sight unseen, from an implement dealer who is apparently a TBN sponsor.
Dealer fed me a line of BS.
I suckered for it.
Piece of junk import (never mentioned imported) implement was described in glowing terms.
My lesson only cost me $835.

what did you purchase ?

/ Buying tractors online. #15  
Top link and floor mat - thats not so bad. $350 for a floor mat - sure that's for a tractor and not a Mercedes Benz?

Anyhow - you got the tractor and are well on the way to a great relationship.

/ Buying tractors online. #16  
Buyer beware... plain and simple. I'm a touchy feely kind of guy, I gotta sit on it before I buy it.

/ Buying tractors online. #17  
So, what does the dealer have to say about missing top link and floor mat?

$450 top link?

/ Buying tractors online. #18  
I'd say all in all you made out well compare to some of horror stories some have been/told over the years.

/ Buying tractors online. #19  
   / Buying tractors online. #20  
I would call the dealer and tell him what's missing and if it was shipped with it . I would file a claim with the trucking company's insurance