Buying used old vs new

/ Buying used old vs new #21  
But I don’t think they’ll go 10K + like their bigger counterparts. There’s no reason for that. Not for the prices they are charging.

Seemed like to me, 10,000 hours is the expected life before larger systems (engine, trans, Axles) require rebuilding.

I don't think even the bigger tractors get up there without major failures, specially with the emissions.

I watch Western Truck and Tractor Repair on Youtube, I believe he is in California or close anyway, he does loads of engines rebuilds on JD tractors under 2000 or 3000 hours, mostly caused by emissions no less.

/ Buying used old vs new #22  
I don't think even the bigger tractors get up there without major failures, specially with the emissions.

I watch Western Truck and Tractor Repair on Youtube, I believe he is in California or close anyway, he does loads of engines rebuilds on JD tractors under 2000 or 3000 hours, mostly caused by emissions no less.
I don’t put the emmission system in the same expense category as an engine, trans or axles.

I’ve never owned a tractor that needed an engine, transmission or axle rebuild under 10,000 hours (knock on wood)

/ Buying used old vs new #23  
Look for older mf four wheel drive cab tractor like a or similar 390 were nice and easy to work on just like your 255
They had plenty of power also
The new **** is good but a pain in the ass when you have any problem at all
And then finding someone who actually knows how to fix it well
There you go