Buzz/squeal from hydraulics in cold weather?

/ Buzz/squeal from hydraulics in cold weather? #11  
That's a good tip Dave. Seems less dramatic than turning the steering full limit and using a pressure relief valve to warm.

John Deere recommends using either (regular) Hy-Gard; or for lower temp applications: low viscosity Hy-Gard.
I only changed my hyd. filter at the 50 hr (or 100hr, whatever) break-in, but am now thinking about changing the oil out completely and was confused over whether New England temps require regular or low viscosity.
If, like most people, you're only going to run one type (and not change it twice a year) which kind? Have better flow in winter, or higher viscosity/ better protection in the heat of summer?
I've talked to dealers and still get a variety of answers. Even the info & charts in manuals vary depending on what year manual (i.e some manuals say upper limit of low viscosity Hy-Gard is 68F, others say 86F, and yet other have seen it listed as 106F.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/oil-fuel-lubricants/303087-low-viscosity-vs-hygard-3.html
I'd rather use regular viscosity and wait for it to warm up on those few cold days than sacrifice protection on those hot days. Heat kills.

In my BX I run synthetic. SUDT2 in the hyd/trans and Rotella T6 in the engine. Runs very smooth in the cold and no issues in the heat.

/ Buzz/squeal from hydraulics in cold weather? #12  
You had a screaming pump. It happens when the hydaulic oil is cold and the pump doesn't get full volume.
Thinner oil would help. Like mentioned before, low viscosity . If you don't feel like you'd need it, there are oil heaters available from John Deere. Like a blockheater for the transmission.

/ Buzz/squeal from hydraulics in cold weather?
I don't know about the 5045e but to warm the hydraulic oil quicker on my 5205 the procedure is as follows:
1. Depress clutch pedal, start the engine and idle at about 1000 rpm.
2. Turn and hold steering wheel in full left or right turn.
IMPORTANT: To prevent damaging hydraulic pump or relief valve, DO NOT exceed two to three minutes warm-up time with steering wheel held in full left or full right turn position.

This procedure is also described for the 45e. I remember reading about it now.. back when it was warm. :) Will try next time.

/ Buzz/squeal from hydraulics in cold weather? #14  
Consider thinner hydraulic oil.

I use SUDT2 in my 58 Case crawler as it shares hydraulics with implements I use on a Kubota.

All I can say is what a huge difference over the AW 32 I had in the old Case machine. Only problem is I sprung a bunch of new hydraulic leaks.

Regards, Fred