BX-24 too small for pulling boat (went in but wouldn't come out)

/ BX-24 too small for pulling boat (went in but wouldn't come out) #111  
Lot of arm chair quarterbacking in this thread & some of it less than kind :confused: . I don't get that but what ever. I am pretty impressed with the BX an don't find the task unreasonable at all. Adding a tooth bar will fix the bucket issue but the plan is sound.

/ BX-24 too small for pulling boat (went in but wouldn't come out) #112  
Cant believe I just read all this :D

As one who spends a LOT of time in a jeep running the beach I cannot stress enough the importance of airing down.... The best part is that its FREE.... If I understand your situation correctly you do not even have to air the trailer tires back up..

Simple deflate the tires to achieve the widest foot print you can, the sidewalls should bulge significantly.. I would venture to guess around 8-10PSIG or maybe even a little less. IF the trailer tires are sinking into the soft sand this will help tremendously..

If you need addition traction try airing down the tractor tires as well.. What do you have to lose by trying this method???.. its should be simple and it free...

Good Luck what ever route you take.. Chuck.

/ BX-24 too small for pulling boat (went in but wouldn't come out) #113  
Chuck K. said:
What do you have to lose by trying this method???.
if it makes it worse then he'll need to deal with airing them back up. i'm not saying that's what would happen, but that's what the concern would be for someone doing it. i'd vote for airing down as well, it's easy and i wouldn't have been surprised to see it pull it out on the first shot this way.

i keep wondering...did he already get it out, i read through a week ago or something and am not about to sift through it all again!

/ BX-24 too small for pulling boat (went in but wouldn't come out) #114  
grossgary said:
i keep wondering...did he already get it out
I don't think he has posted since the first couple of pages.

He's probably sitting there watching this thread go all around in circles and laughing his head off.

Or else the monster boat sucked the little Kubota into the lake like an alligator would, and we'll never hear from him again. :D

/ BX-24 too small for pulling boat (went in but wouldn't come out) #115  
there must be alot of weight on that front end loader to bend it....take the hoe off and use the three point

/ BX-24 too small for pulling boat (went in but wouldn't come out) #116  
Ok, I'm going to get creative here....stand back! LOL Put a tractor innertube or some other type of inflatable under the boat and inflate it to take weight off of the trailer wheels. ok, I can take it, let me have it.....

Kevin

/ BX-24 too small for pulling boat (went in but wouldn't come out) #117  
NoTrespassing said:
Ok, I'm going to get creative here....stand back! LOL Put a tractor innertube or some other type of inflatable under the boat and inflate it to take weight off of the trailer wheels. ok, I can take it, let me have it.....

Kevin

Ahhh - Floaties for the trailer:D Not a bad idea...

FLOATIESARMBANDS_l.jpg

/ BX-24 too small for pulling boat (went in but wouldn't come out) #118  
mswlogo said:
Point taken. I appreciate your persistence in explaining. But I think you are reading too much into a static photo AFTER I filled the holes it dug on all 4 wheels so I could get an empty trailer out.

I don't want to attach it to rear (it's not free, I'd have to buy a hitch). I'll be REMOVING a lot of weight which I think is needed. Front wheels then will have no traction and are needed. I'll also have to back it quite a bit further in and there are vents etc. down there and I don't want to start sucking in water. So yes it may put more traction on big wheels but will cause other issues if I turn it around.

You probably already have a draw bar so all you would need is a ball. As far as removing the weight that's a moot point since your losing the weight of the backhoe but gaining all the tongue weight. If you then want to improve front wheel traction fill the bucket with a load of sand. Pain taking off the backhoe? Ptobably but you WOULD have more success than doing it in reverse.

/ BX-24 too small for pulling boat (went in but wouldn't come out) #119  
OK, I hate to do it, but I just spent 30 minutes of my life (at 12am no less) reading all these very creative posts and........ I still don't know if his boat is:
A. still floating merrily
B. still stuck on the trailer halfway up the beach
C. neatly moored to a 2000lb orange mooring block
D. out front for sale next to the Jeep

Please end my suspense, did you find a practical way to make this work?

PS What is the tongue weight on your boat trailer? I would like to use my BX to move my boat around the yard but I'd prefer my loader bucket didn't develop that unnatural curve.:)

Matt.