BX-24 too small for pulling boat (went in but wouldn't come out)

/ BX-24 too small for pulling boat (went in but wouldn't come out) #101  
We bought a house with a huge sandbox (think 20x40) that we did not really want or need. Sand was about 6" deep, so I proceeded to scoop it out with the BX23. With turf tires on, I could do very little but sit and spin when try to fill the bucket. I switched to the bar tires and no problem. So perhaps you might want to consider different tires. Although the mats or variations talked about would be easier than changing tires out (especially since my bars are loaded).

/ BX-24 too small for pulling boat (went in but wouldn't come out) #102  
It's all about traction and weight on the rear wheels. I would try some 2x4's and if that doesn't work - use the jeep.

/ BX-24 too small for pulling boat (went in but wouldn't come out)
daw53 said:
We bought a house with a huge sandbox (think 20x40) that we did not really want or need. Sand was about 6" deep, so I proceeded to scoop it out with the BX23. With turf tires on, I could do very little but sit and spin when try to fill the bucket. I switched to the bar tires and no problem. So perhaps you might want to consider different tires. Although the mats or variations talked about would be easier than changing tires out (especially since my bars are loaded).

Were your turfs loaded?

I really like the trufs for everything else I do. My turfs are not loaded. Who knows that alone might do it.

I have done some work on the beach with the FEL and it did fairly well. But I can see how you can get stuck.

Like I said in several posts it DID pull up hill with tractor in the sand with the same tongue load just fine. It was only when I backed it in further it could not come out. And the only thing that really changed is the trailer wheels probably did sink in some. So now it has to lift the boat out of the "hole" and overcome the inertia.

/ BX-24 too small for pulling boat (went in but wouldn't come out) #105  
mswlogo said:
The texture of sand changes quite a bit as you approach the water. Hard packed, soft fluffy thick and dry, wet packed, then under water soft and loose.

Don't know if it will work or not, but it won't cost anything to try. Grab a bucket and wet down the "soft fluffy thick and dry" sand. With all 4 wheels on denser wet sand you might just have that extra bit of traction to get rolling.

/ BX-24 too small for pulling boat (went in but wouldn't come out)
TheKid said:
Don't know if it will work or not, but it won't cost anything to try. Grab a bucket and wet down the "soft fluffy thick and dry" sand. With all 4 wheels on denser wet sand you might just have that extra bit of traction to get rolling.

I was thinking the same thing. I could flood the whole beach with a few "Wake Board" passes.

But it won't solve the boat trailer sinking which is probably the toughest problem it's dealing with.

/ BX-24 too small for pulling boat (went in but wouldn't come out) #107  
Go to a concrete place and buy lots of 18" X 18" X 4" thick blocks/stepping stones and lay them in the water and tow it out.

/ BX-24 too small for pulling boat (went in but wouldn't come out) #108  
MrJimi said:
Go to a concrete place and buy lots of 18" X 18" X 4" thick blocks/stepping stones and lay them in the water and tow it out.
Aren't those kind of hard of carry and place? How do you lift them?

/ BX-24 too small for pulling boat (went in but wouldn't come out) #109  
California said:
Aren't those kind of hard of carry and place? How do you lift them?

I'm 61 years old and I put one hand on each side and walk and set them down where I want them.
I can't get over this over 107 post on getting a boat out of the water with a tractor and a jeep :eek:

/ BX-24 too small for pulling boat (went in but wouldn't come out) #110  
Wow... this is great I did not read this thread till now. Kudo's man! Next time anyone busts on the BX24 for not being enough tractor, real tractor, etc... just throw that picture up. We are near a river and sell many 65Hp 2WD tractors for pulling boats... they'd die if they saw that picture!

My favorite suggestion so far...
"Go to a concrete place and buy lots of 18" X 18" X 4" thick blocks/stepping stones and lay them in the water and tow it out."