BX 25D front loader forks

/ BX 25D front loader forks #11  
Interesting. First I heard that he was working on a QA. Do you have any more info or a link? I am looking at various options right now including the new Landpride grapple that requires the Kubota QA system, and the Kubota OEM forks, though I have Harry's pin on forks. Might wait to see what he comes out with depending on what it is and when it would be available. Really want something better than the bucket to pick up logs and other loose material.

Just give Harry a call at 704-419-5332. I'm sure he would be happy to update you, and the more people who ask the more there will be a market for the new QA.

/ BX 25D front loader forks #12  
Hello. New to the site and need a little advise. When I bought my bx25d I should have gotten the quick release bucket system so I could use the forks you can get with that system. I did not and now find myself in constant need of the forks. Can you buy forks for a regular bucket system-not the quick release system- or should I check to see how much it would cost to have the quick release system put of the tractor? And, if I have to go with after market forks any ideas to where to get them
Thanks for any advise.

will

I had a L3240 at one time that had the SSQA and had some forks that attached to it. I occasionally used them and they were easy to attach and easy to adjust the forks to the right width.
Sold that L3240 and those forks. The forks were really heavy.
I've since bought a set of forks that slip over the front edge of the bucket lower lip and then chains wrap around the back of the bucket, hooks up to itself and then the ratchet adjuster that is part of the attaching system tightens them down. They work for me and have thru several B and BX tractors. In fact they are currently installed on the front of my B2620 now and have been for a few weeks since I've been doing some jobs that are done easier with forks. Are they as good as installed forks with the bucket removed? Of course not but they work for me and I've never exceeded the lift power of my tractor. They work. They aren't great but they work. I'm satisfied with their performance for the price I paid and they take a couple of minutes to install and remove by my self.
Do a Google search for tractor forks or easy attach tractor forks and go from there unless you need something better and want to pay the money as others have provided the info so far. I don't use forks a lot but I recommend most people buy a set if they have a FEL, they are very handy but I don't use them enough to justify paying $400 to $500 or more for a set.
http://www.ebay.com/bhp/tractor-bucket-forks
https://www.google.com/#q=tractor+bucket+forks

/ BX 25D front loader forks #13  
Since you didn't get the quick attach when you bought the tractor - try checking out some of the other options.

Call Jery over at Mytractortools - he's got a sweet setup for the BX's - with a quick attach that can do a bunch of other things too - and his fork setup is nice - AND - it will also install onto your 3pt so it's very versatile

TACH-N-GO QUICK ATTACH

/ BX 25D front loader forks #14  
Good video showing the Tach-N-Go system:

/ BX 25D front loader forks
Thanks for all the good input. I have decided to go with the Kubota quick connect system and forks.

/ BX 25D front loader forks #17  
I have the forks, I've lifted 600lbs 3 feet off the ground and moved it. Could have done more, but I didn't have any ballast on the back.

/ BX 25D front loader forks
That's good news. I should get mine this week from the Kubota dealer here. I thought I could lift at least that much as just recently I lifted an oliver jointer base off the bed of my truck (weighs about 600 lbs) with my bucket and a chain and thought then how much easier it would have been with pallet forks..

/ BX 25D front loader forks #19  
That's good news. I should get mine this week from the Kubota dealer here. I thought I could lift at least that much as just recently I lifted an oliver jointer base off the bed of my truck (weighs about 600 lbs) with my bucket and a chain and thought then how much easier it would have been with pallet forks..

Wra did you have the chain attached at the pivot point, or out over the end of the bucket?

/ BX 25D front loader forks #20  
Id love to find user reviews with the Tach-n-Go system. It is substantiall.y lighter than anone elses setuo, including Kubota's. I like the 3pt use as the 3pt will far outlift the bucket, but I think the lack of adjustable forks makes it hard. I have small pallets I made for my walk behind tiller, mower, aerator, dethatcher, etc. Will I be forced into larger standard pallets to accomodate the forks? Also, you cant separate the forks from the frame, so storing the forks now takes up floor space. Any thoughts are appreciated.