BX 50 Hour Hydro Pedal Adjustment

/ BX 50 Hour Hydro Pedal Adjustment
Here is what I am talking about.

/ BX 50 Hour Hydro Pedal Adjustment #13  
I will have to look at my manual, but if i am not mistaken, the procedure calls for setting RPM and pushing pedal to the floor, then when at full speed, take foot off of pedal and tractor should stop in so many feet. If it does not or stops too soon, there is an adjustment. I will have to look when I get home.

/ BX 50 Hour Hydro Pedal Adjustment #14  
In 1000 Hrs I have only had to adjust the brake system once on my BX25. It acted like the brake discs were worn out. The Workshop Manual (WSM) instructions are clear on how to do it. Only takes minutes. If that hollow pin keeps coming out try a new one or replace w/a SS bolt and self locking nut. Never had that problem. If there is a lube point in the system I have not found it yet. I squirt 90W lube oil on all the moving points. The WSM is worth gold if you do your own maintenance and repairs like I do. Money well spent.

Ron

/ BX 50 Hour Hydro Pedal Adjustment #15  
I would think that if the tractor stops and doesn't creep in either direction, no adjustment is necessary. Keep the linkage properly lubed and it shouldn't need adjustment till the spring weakens which may be 1000 hours or NEVER.

/ BX 50 Hour Hydro Pedal Adjustment #16  
In 1000 Hrs I have only had to adjust the brake system once on my BX25. It acted like the brake discs were worn out. The Workshop Manual (WSM) instructions are clear on how to do it. Only takes minutes. If that hollow pin keeps coming out try a new one or replace w/a SS bolt and self locking nut. Never had that problem. If there is a lube point in the system I have not found it yet. I squirt 90W lube oil on all the moving points. The WSM is worth gold if you do your own maintenance and repairs like I do. Money well spent.

Ron

psssst: hydro pedal

/ BX 50 Hour Hydro Pedal Adjustment #18  
I think you misunderstand how it all works.
The brakes only apply with the brake pedal, they are not controlled by the hydrostatic transmission in any way.

/ BX 50 Hour Hydro Pedal Adjustment #19  
I think you misunderstand how it all works.
The brakes only apply with the brake pedal, they are not controlled by the hydrostatic transmission in any way.

OK 2 wheel, I was trying to not get into a complicated discourse that most would not understand anyway. The HST acts as a dynamic brake when you let off on the pedals. The mechanical linkage for the 4 brake discs, in the HS, operate the discs in the braking position. If that linkage needs adjusting the HST will still move the wheels in spite of the brakes as they then slip. There is no adjustment available on the HST dynamic braking. When they wear and slip you have to replace the 4 discs.

Ron

/ BX 50 Hour Hydro Pedal Adjustment
Looks like I'm way over due for this as well.

This is the closest I could find, it's for a BX2200 but might still be similar. Not sure how much has changed.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/45799-neutral-adjust-bx2200.html

That sounds close and could be what the manual is talking about:confused3:

I will have to look at my manual, but if i am not mistaken, the procedure calls for setting RPM and pushing pedal to the floor, then when at full speed, take foot off of pedal and tractor should stop in so many feet. If it does not or stops too soon, there is an adjustment. I will have to look when I get home.

That is something like I thought they would say. I think when you adjust a hydro on some mower they want it to stop from full speed in x feet.

Ron

Does the WSM say anything about the hydro pedal adjustment:D

I would think that if the tractor stops and doesn't creep in either direction, no adjustment is necessary. Keep the linkage properly lubed and it shouldn't need adjustment till the spring weakens which may be 1000 hours or NEVER.

Everything is working good now but I would like to know how to adjust it if I need to.