BX 50 Hour Hydro Pedal Adjustment

/ BX 50 Hour Hydro Pedal Adjustment #21  
Roger,

Here you go out of my WSM

Attachments

• HST Pedal.pdf
    463.2 KB · Views: 299
   / BX 50 Hour Hydro Pedal Adjustment #23  
OK, Semantics. The Hydro pedals override the brakes, let off on it, and the brakes activate. The brake pedal locks the brake discs for parking. The WSM calls it the brake system hence my terminology.

Ron

OK 2 wheel, I was trying to not get into a complicated discourse that most would not understand anyway. The HST acts as a dynamic brake when you let off on the pedals. The mechanical linkage for the 4 brake discs, in the HS, operate the discs in the braking position. If that linkage needs adjusting the HST will still move the wheels in spite of the brakes as they then slip. There is no adjustment available on the HST dynamic braking. When they wear and slip you have to replace the 4 discs.

Ron

Oh. I thought you said that the brakes activated when you let off the hydro pedal. Wait...?

The BX 25 WSM has the same language and pictures.

So if you really knew this is what he was referring to all along, then why didn't you provide this information to the op instead of the tutorial about the parking brake?? :confused:

Never mind, I've heard enough. ;)

Last edited:
   / BX 50 Hour Hydro Pedal Adjustment #25  
Good information, thank you. My Bx2360 will actually creep slightly in reverse so I'm thinking I should loosen the tension on the spring 1/2 turn or is that caused by another problem?

Thanks

/ BX 50 Hour Hydro Pedal Adjustment
Good information, thank you. My Bx2360 will actually creep slightly in reverse so I'm thinking I should loosen the tension on the spring 1/2 turn or is that caused by another problem?

Thanks

That would be another problem.

/ BX 50 Hour Hydro Pedal Adjustment #27  

Thanks

To adjust neutral, look under you RR fender about 2 O clock position of tire. You will see two 12 or 13 mm headed bolts with flat washers in a curved slot. That is your neutral adjustment. Loosen the bolts and shift them fore or aft a little, then check neutral operation.

/ BX 50 Hour Hydro Pedal Adjustment #28  
OK 2 wheel, I was trying to not get into a complicated discourse that most would not understand anyway. The HST acts as a dynamic brake when you let off on the pedals. The mechanical linkage for the 4 brake discs, in the HS, operate the discs in the braking position. If that linkage needs adjusting the HST will still move the wheels in spite of the brakes as they then slip. There is no adjustment available on the HST dynamic braking. When they wear and slip you have to replace the 4 discs.

Ron

I will try to not get into a complicated discourse that you would not understand.............There are no brake discs or even discs of any kind in the "HS", they are in the rear axle housings well behind the hydro state.
It does not matter how much you adjust up the brakes as the hydro state will still drive the tractor with them set.

/ BX 50 Hour Hydro Pedal Adjustment #29  
To adjust neutral, look under you RR fender about 2 O clock position of tire. You will see two 12 or 13 mm headed bolts with flat washers in a curved slot. That is your neutral adjustment. Loosen the bolts and shift them fore or aft a little, then check neutral operation.

Thanks, I'll do that this afternoon. I need to get under there and replace the fuel filter anyway before the deck goes on.