BX Front Mount Snowblower!

/ BX Front Mount Snowblower! #21  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Bite the Bullet Paul and buy one /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I am just like you as I to drool for month over something before I take the plunge /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif )</font>

I am willing to bit the bullet and purchase one, but I am not certain that it will handle my drive without me becoming frost bitten in the process. The cab of my '79 Ford is quite warm when plowing. If the snowblower could be removed and the loader installed with the sub frame in place, then it would make the decision a little easier. I have all these toys/tools/projects, that all take money to complete, and I have to set my priorities as to what is going to take precedent. Every time I see a funeral, I think how lucky I am to still be alive and moving. Life it too short to work after retirement unless you absolutely have to....... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ BX Front Mount Snowblower! #22  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( If the snowblower could be removed and the loader installed with the sub frame in place, then it would make the decision a little easier. )</font>

The subframe comes off in about 2 minutes if need to remove it. It comes off without tools too !!! I went from a truck to the blower this year and have been pleased with the blower. A cab on the tractor would be nice though.

/ BX Front Mount Snowblower! #23  
I ordered my 23 with the blower and I wasn't sure if the extra cost was going to be worth it, but after reading your post I feel a million times better. Unfortunately I ordered the tractor two weeks ago and they could not get a blower until the 27th of this month. The dealer is 1 1/2 hours away and he was going to bring the tractor without the blower, then come pick up the tractor and get the blower set up and bring it back at no charge. I told him I have waited this long just bring everything at one time. I will probaly take delivery the week of March 1st. I hope we get one hellava snow strom in March. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ BX Front Mount Snowblower! #24  
Paul,
I do have a Honda HS1132TS walk behind blower , so I can sympatize with Your thoughts on the cold! If We had enough snow to justify a blower then I to would want one.
However with no more snow than We get I have to make do with the hydraulic blade and the walk behind blower.

/ BX Front Mount Snowblower! #25  
Junkman, you will not need the loader at all with the blower. The banks will have never been lower and easier to clean. With the hydro keep the spout full and run it in high range unless the blower is full. See which way the wind blows and get that to work for you! I still fell the need for a loader year around but there is no better tool for winter snow removal then a front blower with power rotation with or without a cab.

/ BX Front Mount Snowblower! #26  
To oil my snowblower drive chain I filled a mustard squeeze bottle with bar oil, use a 12" sliding clamp to hold the seat down so I can get off while the blower is running, run the engine at low speed and dribble a tasteful amount of oil through the hole in the top of the chain cover. Works more enthusiastically when I remember to warm the oil.

Don

/ BX Front Mount Snowblower! #27  
I've had mine for 2 seasons now, on my '22. It is a great machine. I am running bars w/o any fill and have never had any problem moving, even in the untreated area. In 4WD it just goes without question.

I added a $99 vinyl cab (pix attached) which makes the job 500% easier. I wish the name was not blazed on the side like that, but it was a good deal and fit with minimal modifications, and only had to drill 4 holes in the Bota. No wind and no snow blowing back on you. I also bought the power chute rotate (from the dealer) and got a power chute angle on eBay. It was a new Kubota item, but for a different model snowblower. A few simple mods and it works like magic.

With the chute remotes and the cab, it's such a difference in comfort and would never consider using the blower w/o them.

paul

Attachments

• 383611-Cab.JPG
    383611-Cab.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 243