BX1500 FEL Questions and Idle Questions

/ BX1500 FEL Questions and Idle Questions
Talked with the dealer today about the snowblower and loader. Im very confused to say the least.

I wanted to put the snowblower on now and use it this winter then in spring put a FEL on. I was at first going to put a 3pt blower and the bucket on. Then i was told that if I purchase the front mount kubota blower and 4way valve I wouldnt have to purchase the valve again for the FEL thereby saving about 500$ on the FEL purchase in spring. This seemed like the best way to go seeing as i would have to purchase the 4way valve anyway for the FEL.

Now today im told that if I purchase the snowblower first the valve that comes with it will not be compatible with the loader therefore i will also have to purchase a 400-500$ valve for the loader also.

I dont understand why the snowblower 4way valve wouldnt work with the FEL. But I was told if I buy the FEL first then that 4way valve would be compatible with the snowblower and other front implements. Hmmmmmmmmm

Here is the first email I was sent.

"Brian,

The price for an LA181 Loader w/4 position valve priced in the box, (you install), is $ 1,995.00

The price for a BX2750 50" Front Mount Snowblower w/4 position valve priced in the box, (you install), is $ 2,585.00
(price if you already have the loader installed is $ 2,065.00. You would use loader valve for snowblower)

Installation is $ 250.00
Certain arrangements can be made for Pickup & delivery depends where you are located.

Brian,
But if I were you I would buy the loader now because that valve is also used for all other front mount implements. If you buy the blower now you will be throwing away the blower valve because it can't be used for the loader and the three position valve can't be used for the blower. This why most people buy the loader w/4 position valve first. Sorry I can't make this easier."

Can anyone shed any light on the valve dilemma?????????

/ BX1500 FEL Questions and Idle Questions #22  
I am probably one of the least qualified to answer here but I was told, and my own bit of research supported this, that I can use the 4 valve with the loader and needed the 4 valve for the front mount Kubota snow blower. I could also use the 3 valve for the loader but not the blower. I think the dealer is wrong. On the Kubota website is shows the BX1500's loader with the option of using the 4 or 3 valve.

Well i pulled the trigger and bought both the loader and snowblower today............Included them picking up the tractor, installing it and then delivering it back.

Came to $4400.00 for both items and installation.

I think the loader was $2000 the snowblower was $2050 and the installation for both was $350. A fair deal all around I think.

I have no rear weight for the tractor. The dealer talked about filling the rear tires with fluid (100$) of adding rear wheel weights (4 for 112$) or buying a 60" woods rear blade for 300$. Does anyone have any thoughts on the blade, is woods a decent blade??? How about the price of a rear blade is that inline with what others have paid????

/ BX1500 FEL Questions and Idle Questions #24  
Woods is a good brand. You could certainly buy a 5 ft blade cheaper but shipping would kill you (and eat up the difference).
You will need rear weight to accompany the FEL, but not the snowblower, although a pair of chains for the rear would be a good investment.
If you never have use for the blade, you could buy a lifting platform for the 3PH and place weight on it, and have a cheaper solution.
Loading the rear tires is another option, but they are small enough that the weight gain is not similar to CUTs.
I have a BX2200 and have not loaded the tires. I am very happy that way, as I add weight to the rear only when I need it. If the ground is soft and I am mowing, I do not have that added weight making deeper ruts in the lawn.

/ BX1500 FEL Questions and Idle Questions #26  
I also did not have any weight on the rear of my BX2200 when I installed the loader.It took me about 1 hour of real FEL work to realize I had to get some weight.I pondered the question of having the extra weight all the time or have it removable such as a 3pnt hitch set-up.Well I looked at them big Ole turf tires and decided they were just too darn wide to make ruts so I filled the tires.I feel that if the ground is wet enough to make ruts with them big wide tires that maybe I should be parked in the garage and not mowing grass.Kinda like the pic shows.This was my back yard for a week this summer.I needed Pontoons /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Just go do it,Fill them tires. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Attachments

• 524632-Water_01.jpg
    524632-Water_01.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 241
About how much weight does loading the rear tires add if you do both rear tires????????

The nice thing about loaded tires is there is no obstruction hanging off the 3pt if you need to get in tight spaces. The bad thing is the weight is there on your lawn. My problem with my lawn is I have a conventional septic below it and i dont want to damage the tank or any lines running below.

I was just going to load the tires for the 100$ charge which included the metal valve stems on the rims but then for 300$ i thought i could use the back blade in winter for scraping what the snowblower missed. But then i was wondering if the back blade had enough weight to offset the FEL in summer for digging ect I was told the blade weighs about 250LBS...............Man oh man to many decisions, if it wasnt for everyones help here i would go nuts LOL.

/ BX1500 FEL Questions and Idle Questions #28  
I Put 12 Gallons of windshield washer fluid in each tire.
@ 8.34 pounds per gallon that gave me 100 pounds in each tire. Like I said them are BIG WIDE TURFS I don't think they could rut your lawn and they certainly won't hurt your septic system. Just my $.02 /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ BX1500 FEL Questions and Idle Questions #29  
Why not just buy or make a weight box and connect it to the 3pt when using the FEl. With a weight box it is close to the tractor and not sticking out as a rear blade would be.

Does anyone have a picture of the kubota weight box on the machine? I didnt realize it didnt stick out, i thought it stuck out just like a implement would.

The weight box is 180$ so that would be a option possibly.