BX1500 FEL Questions and Idle Questions

/ BX1500 FEL Questions and Idle Questions #32  
I was going to buy a Kubota weight box, but then found a really heavy used Gannon box blade for only $300 and bought that instead. Doesn't stick out the back near as far as the bush hog, makes a good ballast, and is a useful implement in its own right.

Pete

/ BX1500 FEL Questions and Idle Questions #33  
Apollo
If you have a copy of the latest literature on the BX series, there is a picture of a BX, loader with a square bale in the bucket and a ballast box on the 3 point. Hope this helps.
Lewis

/ BX1500 FEL Questions and Idle Questions #34  
I got one. You can see it's not so deep. This holds up to 300# and I found 3 bag of sand 70# each is plenty of ballast for most things except maybe boulders which probably don't belong in there to begin with.

Attachments

• 525061-Weight box.jpg
    525061-Weight box.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 231
   / BX1500 FEL Questions and Idle Questions #35  
I have the BX2230 with both sets of turfs and bars. Both sets of rears are loaded with rimguard and it adds at least 100 lbs to each rear tire. I am 240lbs so that helps too! I have taken full buckets of dirt and felt the rear get light, but it wasn't scary. If I am doing a bunch of loader work I also put on my rear blade which adds a couple hundred more pounds and also acts as a wheelie bar if going up and down hills. I mow with the tractor and the added weight of the loaded tires makes no marks in my yard. I have had the bars on for months and have had no marking on the lawn even when it is a little damp. I pulled my aerator around after an inch of rain and didn't tear up the yard. I even mow with the loader on sometimes and don't leave marks. If it is swampy, I stay off the lawn. I highly recommend the loaded tires. The weight stays nice and low on the machine and helps when I mow sidehills also. I also like the idea of the ballest box, it looks like it would work slick, and I think it is only about $140.

/ BX1500 FEL Questions and Idle Questions #36  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( About how much weight does loading the rear tires add if you do both rear tires????????

The nice thing about loaded tires is there is no obstruction hanging off the 3pt if you need to get in tight spaces. The bad thing is the weight is there on your lawn. My problem with my lawn is I have a conventional septic below it and i dont want to damage the tank or any lines running below.

I was just going to load the tires for the 100$ charge which included the metal valve stems on the rims but then for 300$ i thought i could use the back blade in winter for scraping what the snowblower missed. <font color="red"> But then i was wondering if the back blade had enough weight </font> to offset the FEL in summer for digging ect I was told the blade weighs about 250LBS...............Man oh man to many decisions, if it wasnt for everyones help here i would go nuts LOL. )</font>
<font color="red"> You could always hang or add some more weight to it. </font>

/ BX1500 FEL Questions and Idle Questions #37  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( About how much weight does loading the rear tires add if you do both rear tires????????

)</font>
Never load just one side.

/ BX1500 FEL Questions and Idle Questions #38  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I have the BX2230 with both sets of turfs and bars. Both sets of rears are loaded with rimguard and it adds at least 100 lbs to each rear tire. I am 240lbs so that helps too!
<font color="red"> I have taken full buckets of dirt and felt the rear get light, </font>
but it wasn't scary. If I am doing a bunch of loader work I also put on my rear blade which adds a couple hundred more pounds and also acts as a wheelie bar if going up and down hills.
<font color="purple"> I mow with the tractor and the added weight of the loaded tires makes no marks in my yard. </font>
<font color="brown"> I have had the bars on for months and have had no marking on the lawn even when it is a little damp. </font>
I pulled my aerator around after an inch of rain and didn't tear up the yard. I even mow with the loader on sometimes and don't leave marks.
<font color="green"> If it is swampy, I stay off the lawn. </font>
I highly recommend the loaded tires. The weight stays nice and low on the machine and helps when I mow sidehills also. I also like the idea of the ballest box, it looks like it would work slick, and I think it is only about $140. )</font>
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
<font color="red"> I can haul full heaped up buckets of dirt in the loader bucket and the rear wheels won't lift off the ground with the BH mounted. </font>
<font color="purple"> No marks on my yard even with a fully loaded FEL and the BH mounted and fairly tight turns in 4 wheel drive. </font>
<font color="brown"> I haven't found the Ag tires to be hard on the lawn either. </font>
<font color="green"> Good advice. That has more to do with turf damage than type of tire and or weight combined. </font>