BX1500 Strike THREE - it is OUT

/ BX1500 Strike THREE - it is OUT #61  
LBrown59 said:
This will cause it.
Incorrect and or incomplete input .

It could be that the machine that Jammer used was an odd-ball unit, not representative of the usual cababilities of the 1500.

I purchased a new 4240 a month or so ago, and was promptly displeased with the unit. It was underpowered to pull a 6' shredder; was a fuel guzzling son of a gun; and tended to run hot.

What did I do? I called my dealer, and he brought my L2800 home, and made me a deal on a 4740, which will be delivered on Monday. What does this prove? Any company can have one (or a few) bad apples in a product run, but that does not mean that the entire model is bad, and it certainly does not mean that the corporation is defective. Just my 2 cents worth on this discussion.

/ BX1500 Strike THREE - it is OUT #62  
Honestly, I would really like to see a picture of this brush pile you were slamming into.:cool:

/ BX1500 Strike THREE - it is OUT #63  
I know of one person who has so little confidence in the abilities of the BX1500, he is looking at purchasing two at one time.

I think he's hoping he will have enough power if he uses both at the same time...
Kind of the way multiple locomotives are used on a train! :D :D :D

/ BX1500 Strike THREE - it is OUT #64  
Jammer, there must have been something wrong with the BX1500 you were using. Mine continually amazes me with how strong it is. I have a Ford 8N and the BX can drag a log almost as heavy as the Ford. Perhaps yours was stuck in high gear, they don't push worth a hoot in high. That's the only expanation I can come up with.
JDH

/ BX1500 Strike THREE - it is OUT #65  
This thread is really humerous. The orange team falls for the trap set by the green team, hook, line, and sinker. An apparent member of the organge group jumps up and down and dogs his machine only to be rescued by a lonely JD AWS and on and on. Y'all quit trying to figure out what is wrong with the BX1500 because in this joke you can't. Get it?

Now I have a JD 285 sitting in the garage that I have at various time accused of being a green Murray in disguise. So we all have our stories, and bait.

/ BX1500 Strike THREE - it is OUT #66  
1*I know of one person who has so little confidence in the abilities of the BX1500, he is looking at purchasing two at one time.
2*Honestly, I would really like to see a picture of this brush pile you were slamming into.
3*It could be that the machine that Jammer used was an odd-ball unit, not representative of the usual cababilities of the 1500.
1*It would take 3 X744s at $36000 to replace the 2 BX1500s at $16000.
2*I know I can't push a brush pile as big as a house apparently jammer still don't realize that even after trying.
3*This is why he needs to try out a new one from a dealer rather than a rental wreck.
Rental stuff get used/abused by multiple inexperienced users.

/ BX1500 Strike THREE - it is OUT #67  
Greetings,
This post needs:
cowbell2.jpg

/ BX1500 Strike THREE - it is OUT #69  
I don't see it as a joke or a troll. Why?

1) He posted his experiences in three or four posts here and several in the JD forums. Trolls usually don't work that hard.

2) His comparisons were lopsided to the point of having no context. A troll is usually more clever than that.

3) His experiences, as told by himself, make the possibility that this is a joke unlikely....unless the joke is on him.

I think this is someone who did not have the skills to evaluate the pros and cons of a very small tractor, the ability to draw the proper conclusions based on his experience or the ability to express them in a rational fashion. And when he was called on it, he didn't have the ability to admit it or learn from it.

/ BX1500 Strike THREE - it is OUT #70  
N80 said:
I think this is someone who did not have the skills to evaluate the pros and cons of a very small tractor, the ability to draw the proper conclusions based on his experience or the ability to express them in a rational fashion. And when he was called on it, he didn't have the ability to admit it or learn from it.

Looking back, this sounds very insulting. It was not intended that way. I think it can happen to any of us, especially if we're new to a forum and don't understand its 'culture'. I've been that way here on TBN myself.....and of course the regular TBN members called me on it....which they should have.