BX1500 Strike THREE - it is OUT

/ BX1500 Strike THREE - it is OUT #71  
coveredbridge said:
I wonder if you had the HST in Hi Range and/or the parking brake on? Based upon my experience with the BX 1500 (350 hrs), that's the only way to achieve the "underpowered" performance you described, at least with respect to pushing. I agree that 10.6 hp at the pto is of little practical value at the rear pto, but you need to know that going in to the transaction. That's the way the machine is designed and configured. It may be underpowered for your application, but for others like me, the price/performance equation was just right. I have never lacked for power in mowing (no bagger) or FEL operation, except when I left the parking brake on or the HST in Hi range - operator error.
Do you have a front blade on your BX1500?

/ BX1500 Strike THREE - it is OUT #73  
bxowner said:
Jammer -

As the owner of a BX1500 and past owner of a 2005 Deere garden tractor, I've been watching your posts closely. , each have their own merits.
My lawn was on a slope and very rough. Did I come to the conclusion, "get a Scag and use it like it was meant to... work?" No! The Kubota with rear finish mower just wasn't designed for my property - and would have worked just fine on a level, even grade. Luckily, I didn't lose any money on the deal - and neither have you.
The simple reality is that you've discovered all of the BX1500's "shortcomings," which is to say, you've discovered the model isn't right for your property. But for those of us with small lots, short driveways, modest incomes and bad backs, it's the greatest thing to come along since the Wheelhorse.
Do you have a front blade for your BX1500?

/ BX1500 Strike THREE - it is OUT #74  
LBrown59 said:

LBrown59 said:

Do any of you guys have a front blade on your BX1500?

AceDeuce
automech
coveredbridge
kabooki

LBrown59 said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by coveredbridge
I wonder if you had the HST in Hi Range and/or the parking brake on? Based upon my experience with the BX 1500 (350 hrs), that's the only way to achieve the "underpowered" performance you described, at least with respect to pushing. I agree that 10.6 hp at the pto is of little practical value at the rear pto, but you need to know that going in to the transaction. That's the way the machine is designed and configured. It may be underpowered for your application, but for others like me, the price/performance equation was just right. I have never lacked for power in mowing (no bagger) or FEL operation, except when I left the parking brake on or the HST in Hi range - operator error.

Let me guess, you are looking for others that have a front blade on their BX1500??:rolleyes:

/ BX1500 Strike THREE - it is OUT #76  
fish6942 said:
Tractor Make & Model:
'07 Kubota BX2350
seeing as how you don't own a BX1500 why did you even bother to reply?
:(**********
I've got a bx1500 on order.
Here's what I've run into trying to get a front blade for it.
Started out with these three options:
1*NEW 54'' Manual angle blade $1400.
2*New Hyd angle blade $1900
3*used Hyd angle blade $1500
I originally went with #2
Later I changed my mind and changed to #3 to save $400.
Next thing happened is when the dealer got the used tractor in with the used blade the blade was a piece of junk so we couldn't use it.
Next step we decided to go with a new Blade, but when the dealer went to order it we fond out that Kubota don't offer the Hyd angle on the 54'' blade for the bx1500.
Where am I now?_ The dealer has ordered the 60'' Hyd angle blade for a bx2230/2350 and hopefully it will fit and work on the BX1500.
This is why I'd like to converse with other BX1500 owners who have a front blade on a BX1500 to see what kind of issues others might have had in getting a front blade for a bx1500 and how they solved any problems in doing so.
This is a serious problem I'm having concerning this and I need serious dialog not snide remarks and sarcastic comments.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~
Perhaps when / if I get this resolved I can help others who might be having the same problem but on the other hand why should I care about helping anyone when all I get is snide remarks from the likes you ????????

Last edited:
   / BX1500 Strike THREE - it is OUT #77  
I do not have a front blade, just an FEL. My 1500 continues to amaze me with what it can do if you just give it time and take little bites.
JD

/ BX1500 Strike THREE - it is OUT #78  
I don't have a front blade either. But, it handles a 60" rear blade just fine. Even heavy snow. I can't imagine you'd have any trouble. The only significant difference between BX models is HP and I know I've beat this drum before but... you'll always run out of traction before you run out of HP with a subcut. The extra HP is just gravy IMO.

/ BX1500 Strike THREE - it is OUT #79  
kabooki said:
I do not have a front blade, just an FEL. My 1500 continues to amaze me with what it can do if you just give it time and take little bites.
JD
How is the pucker factor when mowing side slopes with it?

/ BX1500 Strike THREE - it is OUT #80  
AceDeuce said:
I don't have a front blade either. But, it handles a 60" rear blade just fine. Even heavy snow. I can't imagine you'd have any trouble. .
Do you think it would handle a 60 inch front blade as well as it handles the 60'' back blade???
I'm trying to get a front blade for the BX1500 I have ordered but we've run into a bit of a snag in the process .
Seems the 54'' blade for the BX1500 don't have Hyd. Angle.
The Dealer has ordered a 60'' front blade with the Hyd angle for a BX2230 but there is some concern if the BX1500 is capable of handling the 6'' wider blade.
Thoughts Opinions on this / anybody!