Bx1850 block heater

/ Bx1850 block heater #1  

Mkfan20

Tractor
Kubota BX1850
I have a bx1850 and haven't had much issues in starting as I keep it in a garage. I would like to install a block heater but through searching haven't found a good where to install location. The one I purchased is a threaded in style. Has anyone installed one of these on this particular tractor? If so do you have the location and or pictures of the installation? Should it have been the freeze plug style instead? I looked at the Kats catalog and they said this was the correct one for the tractor.

/ Bx1850 block heater #3  
My BX2350 has a block heater located right below the air intake manifold. Not sure if it screws in or what, the dealer installed it when it was new.

/ Bx1850 block heater #5  
On my 3cyl B26 engine, the block heater goes into a 1" NPT threaded port on the left side of the engine. I had to remove a threaded plug with a 17mm allen socket (a little larger than 5/8"). With the engine shroud removed, that 17mm plug is plainly visible on my engine. Remove your shroud and see if you have a plug requiring a large allen socket on the left side of your block.

/ Bx1850 block heater
From what I have seen the Bx2350 is different than the 1850. I can't find any thing that looks like I can screw mine into. I was in hopes of finding another bx1850 owner who has done it and could help. I will continue looking. Thanks for all of the replies so far.

/ Bx1850 block heater #7  
Hi Mkfan20 I'm a car mechanic and I have a BX1870, last year I looked into getting a block heater from the Kubota dealer here in London ON, the OEM style block heater for those small engine is a weird set up. I never saw it but I saw their pictures, it was back order every time I called so I gave up on them, anyways it compose of 2 deviation coolant hoses that goes to an aluminium box that attach on the side of the engine, then you put your frost plug on that box. The BX18 has a really small engine and you can't put a frost plug directly on the engine, it has to be set up on the side ! The other way is to buy an inline block heater 1" which that what I'm buying from ebay... I'll let you know how was the installation, I looked at it this afternoon and it is really really tight at the lower rad hose ! Hopefully I have room. I'll keep you posted, it may take a couple weeks delivery tho !

/ Bx1850 block heater #8  
If I remember correctly they used to make dipstick heaters and magnetic heaters for the oil pan back in the days when we had to heat our car engines to get them started. Are either of those an option?

/ Bx1850 block heater #9  
I installed the lower radiator hose heater on my 1850 since the factory block heater version was expensive andrequired adding more hoses. The lower radiator hose is a snug fit but very doable.

/ Bx1850 block heater #10  
i found all sorts of inconsistent information when searching a block heater for my BX25.

in my case the solution was simple: i called messicks, they set me up with the right OEM part for my tractor, i installed it according to the included instructions, it works great.

install: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...ng/307282-bx25-d902-block-heater-install.html

of course if no OEM solution exists, you're likely back to square one but i would suggest giving messicks a ring.