Buying Advice BX1850?

/ BX1850? #31  
Not true. I did over 20 hours and it did not disappear, it became more noticeable. I've bought/owned eleven Kubotas and one of them was a BX2350, it was not right and I knew it was not right and I got rid of it. I also never drove it in high speed, it would have been to painful. You guys that have them is OK by me but to imply or tell other potential buyers that they are not wrong is a disservice to this forum or the people coming to this forum for honest experienced information. Out of 5 BX's I owned or own,, it's the only one that stopped so abrupt in reverse.

The abrupt stopping disappeared because I learned to drive the BX24 and then when I got the BX1850 it wasn't an issue. I drive both my BX1850 and BX24 in high with no problems and no abrupt using the pedal appropriately. Learn to operate the tractor and you wouldn't have to buy 11 of them to get the right feel.

By the way, no problems when I go from my L to the BXs no problem at all.

/ BX1850? #32  
The abrupt stopping disappeared because I learned to drive the BX24 and then when I got the BX1850 it wasn't an issue. I drive both my BX1850 and BX24 in high with no problems and no abrupt using the pedal appropriately. Learn to operate the tractor and you wouldn't have to buy 11 of them to get the right feel.

Your very fortunite and extreemly patient. I hated mine. Found it unacceptable at delivery and was sent back with in a couple of days after arrangements were made. Sure glad that I didn't try to get used to it or learn to drive and than be disappointed as so many have months later and than have to take a financial bath trading in to finally get a better driving tractor as so many have done. But with that said, there are definately some good deals to be had on the 50 series for those that can tolerate the abrupt stop when changing directions mowing grass.

/ BX1850? #33  

Obviously your a lot smarter than me.:thumbsup:
I will clear up one of your statements, I didn't buy 11 to get the right feel. My needs changed as I completed tasks and recontured my property and completed projects. My property looks considerably different now than it did 7 years ago.
I've finally learned how to operate these tractors and they seem to be working good for me now, especially since I got rid of the 50 series. Glad you have yours and are such a smart and wonderful operator. Guess we'll never see them on the used for sale market.:).

/ BX1850? #34  
Having just traded a BX 2350 in for a B2320, I'll weigh in. The abrupt stop was very pronounced and you could get used to it. However, I never wanted to let others drive it or my wife because they fought it all the time. As much as I was used to it, it would get me at times too. In certain situations it was dangerous and other times, just an annoyance. The BX was and is a great tractor. I think Kubota dropped the ball on the xx50 line though by not fixing the problem. You should be able to get on a tractor and drive it like most and not have to be constantly aware of something.
I ended up trading because the one guy who looked at my tractor commented on the abrupt stop and worried (like I did) about his wife and kids operating it. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a BX now, but would never recomend the XX50 line.

/ BX1850? #35  
I have had my BX2350, and I don't consider it a major problem. I had my tractor a few months before I got active in this forum. I knew about it, but didn't consider it a problem until I started reading about it on here.

Someone gave a tip on here, that works well for me. Instead of stomping on the reverse pedal, lift up with your toe, hooked underneath the forward pedal, to back up. For some reason, its easier to control and fixed any issues I ever had.