BX1860-BX2660

/ BX1860-BX2660 #21  
Every tractor "class" can operate tools, attachments and pto equipment appropriate for the class. There is a plethora of implements made for the tractor in the 18 hp/14 pto hp class. But a BX owner, even one whose tractor has the nifty ExraPower sticker, :) or a B owner is still not able to use or run the devices intended for a high powered L or M class or beyond. Each class and sub-class is also priced accordingly. Each class has its storage space requirements, fuel consumption appetite, weight, and maneuverability, cost of maintenance, and so forth. You pays your money and you takes your choice.

The question asked by the OP was simply why buy a BX1860. As you read this forum, on various threads, it seems one finds two kinds of BX owners. Those who are thrilled with their purchase because, for their needs, it meets or surpasses their expectations or the other kind of BX owner wishes he had bought or is now planning to buy a larger tractor. Either their needs have changed or they they misjudged their needs in their original purchase.

Soon, however, you also discover both of these kinds of tractor owners in every other class too. Even BX2660 owners. (Not sure this will apply to me but maybe it will) :D:D:D

I believe you forgot us 3rd kind of BX owners. We keep buying different BX's, B's and L's till we find the right combination that works for us at our current job demands. I've bought 9 Kubotas in 6 years and 4 of them have been BX's. I started with a BX2200 and traded it for a B7800 and then added a BX1500 (decrease in Hp on BX) but added a B increased HP to make up for any shortage in HP. Traded the B7800 to a L3240 and traded the BX1500 to a BX2350. Traded the L3240 to a B3200 and traded the BX2350 to a BX2660. Odd that my fluctuations in BX's have ended up with a higher Hp BX and also my B's have increased in Hp and equaled the HP as the L but with 2000lbs less weight. And I'm the contrarian that bigger isn't always better. Quite obviously I never tried a BX18xx so that may be where I messed up.:D:D:D

/ BX1860-BX2660 #22  
JT,
You are in a "class" by yourself, indeed.

I would love to have the concession on the sales tax on those units!!!! LOL
Unless, you are in a "tax free" state?

/ BX1860-BX2660 #23  
JT,
You are in a "class" by yourself, indeed.

I would love to have the concession on the sales tax on those units!!!! LOL
Unless, you are in a "tax free" state?

Unfortunately I am not in a tax free state unless I'm willing to sign a statement that the tractors are for agricultural income producing use only and I'm not. The only half bright side is if it's a trade the value of the trade in is subtracted from the sale price and tax only on the difference. Same on used cars here but not on new cars which really sucks since I trade cars more than I trade tractors.

/ BX1860-BX2660 #24  
Every tractor "class" can operate tools, attachments and pto equipment appropriate for the class. There is a plethora of implements made for the tractor in the 18 hp/14 pto hp class. But a BX owner, even one whose tractor has the nifty ExraPower sticker, :) or a B owner is still not able to use or run the devices intended for a high powered L or M class or beyond. Each class and sub-class is also priced accordingly. Each class has its storage space requirements, fuel consumption appetite, weight, and maneuverability, cost of maintenance, and so forth. You pays your money and you takes your choice.

The question asked by the OP was simply why buy a BX1860. As you read this forum, on various threads, it seems one finds two kinds of BX owners. Those who are thrilled with their purchase because, for their needs, it meets or surpasses their expectations or the other kind of BX owner wishes he had bought or is now planning to buy a larger tractor. Either their needs have changed or they they misjudged their needs in their original purchase.

Soon, however, you also discover both of these kinds of tractor owners in every other class too. Even BX2660 owners. :D:D:D

I find this statement is pretty much true. With my BX on my property, I am more then happy. However, If for any reason in the future I use my BX on my fathers property and use it there as a PRIMARY tractor, I gotta say, I probably would wished I gone bigger. So in this case johnthhomas makes a good point on his 3rd point of view. :D

/ BX1860-BX2660 #25  
I find this statement is pretty much true. With my BX on my property, I am more then happy. However, If for any reason in the future I use my BX on my fathers property and use it there as a PRIMARY tractor, I gotta say, I probably would wished I gone bigger. So in this case johnthhomas makes a good point on his 3rd point of view. :D

I truly love my BX2660, but if I didn't have real tractors available when needed, I too would have gone bigger, but it would have been a compromise and probably would have had to use a trimming mower or Roundup.

/ BX1860-BX2660 #26  
I have a new BX2660 being delivered next week. The main reason for getting the additional HP had nothing to do with the power but more importantly the improved (for me) seat. That in itself was worth the difference but when it was all said and done the difference between the three BX units was only a couple of hundred dollars.

/ BX1860-BX2660 #27  
I have a new BX2660 being delivered next week. The main reason for getting the additional HP had nothing to do with the power but more importantly the improved (for me) seat. That in itself was worth the difference but when it was all said and done the difference between the three BX units was only a couple of hundred dollars.

You are going to love the seat; one of my main reasons too and a little extra ground clearance.

/ BX1860-BX2660 #28  

*This BX 1500 will move 4" of snow and never spin a wheel set up as shown.
AG tires aren't loaded.
I don't run chains .

If I only had to worry about 4" of snow, I wouldn't need chains either. However, when your drifts are 6 feet tall, 12 feet wide, 50 feet long and wind packed, I'll take my chains.

/ BX1860-BX2660 #29  
I have the 1830 and it powers my 44" tiller 60" snowblower all without a hiccup,moan,grunt etc.
It pulls my potato plow with no problems either and I set that sucker deep on some ocasions
4wd, traction control (lock) and all gets done
DGS

There is quite a diffference between the BX1830
and the BX1860 BX1850 & BX1500.
The BX1830 has larger wheels and a longer wheel base than the BX1860 BX1850 & BX1500.
The 1830 is the same size as the BX2230 BX2350 BX2660 BX 23 BX24 and Bx25.
The BX1850 and BX1860 are the same size as the BX1500 which is smaller than the BX 1830 BX2230 BX2350 BX2660 BX 23 BX24 and Bx25.

/ BX1860-BX2660 #30  
Unfortunately I am not in a tax free state unless I'm willing to sign a statement that the tractors are for agricultural income producing use only and I'm not. The only half bright side is if it's a trade the value of the trade in is subtracted from the sale price and tax only on the difference. Same on used cars here but not on new cars which really sucks since I trade cars more than I trade tractors.

JT, if you only pay tax on the difference, you are A-ok. That is a reasonable and sane approach, that my state, unfortunately does not do. We pay 6% on the total. Discourages doing a lot of swapping around.

Frankly, I am shocked, shocked I tell you, that KY hasn't figured that one out yet. They are slipping!! LOL :D:D