BX1860 pressure test coolant

/ BX1860 pressure test coolant #21  
Personally I would rebuild it since you went this far.

It sure was interesting reading this thread though. ;)

I had a similar occurrence on another forum (not here) that me and a few respected diesel mechanics in my area were working on a CAT C15 in a truck, but we posted a few questions, then once we dove into it, we literally had the head off and everything apart within 45 minutes and posting pictures asking a few questions or shall I say thoughts.

Unfathomable if you are the reader not knowing whats happening behind the scenes. So yes, I got similar puzzlement out of folks. lol Or in other words, the pit crew (including myself) made quick work of the disassembly of that medium sized engine.

In your case you were almost at that point where it was just a couple bolts and off comes the gasket. hehe

/ BX1860 pressure test coolant
In your case you were almost at that point where it was just a couple bolts and off comes the gasket. hehe
Yes, I unbolted the intake & exhaust manifolds, removed 3 fuels lines and one water hose, took out the rocker shaft and then it was just a matter of undoing the head bolts and lifting off the head.