BX1860 to BX25; Feel like John Thomas

/ BX1860 to BX25; Feel like John Thomas #11  
Congratulations on the new BX 25.i did the same thing as you did this past July.I had a BX1860 and was contemplating putting on a backhoe.I had my 1860 in for a broken HST fan and checked prices and what they'd give me for trade and traded it for the BX25 and haven't regretted it.I did love my 1860 and it did quite a bit of work for me,but I really needed a backhoe.I live in Massachusetts,so I ended up buying a new BX2750 front mount snowblower about a month ago.I just got to try it out on Monday after the storm we got here and that worked really good.Again,Good luck with the 25,you'll enjoy it very much.

/ BX1860 to BX25; Feel like John Thomas #12  
Tom, really appreciate your input on the Woods BH. I don't doubt it would have been a great addition to my BX. I will be getting a thumb for the BX25 hoe as soon as I can since rebuilding a lot of my stone walls is the main reason for the BH. A lot of the walls have fallen over and the stone has been buried under decades of decaying leaves, sticks, etc. If I get a chance, I'll post a pic of what I'm talking about. I did keep my Bro-Tek skid plate and will mount it on the BX25 come Spring if not sooner.

If you have a lot of rock to move, you might consider a grapple for the FEL. Gearmore and American Solutions both offer a grapple designed for sCUTs that are a perfect fit for a BX. There is a good chance that your local Kubota dealer handles Gearmore and can replumb the hydraulics and do the install for you.

http://www.gearmore.com/products/Cat_Pg45.pdf

American Solutions LLC

/ BX1860 to BX25; Feel like John Thomas #13  
congrats!

/ BX1860 to BX25; Feel like John Thomas #14  
Congrats!!:thumbsup: I pondered a long time and bypassed getting a BH for my tractors for several years. I do think I would have been better equipped for a lot of my jobs if I had gotten the BH sooner. Still didn't get one until I felt it justified for my rental property (partially deductable on taxes) use with the septic tanks. Haven't taken it to the rental property yet and have put more hours on my BX25 sooner than any of my other tractors.:D I do like my BX25 and see it as being with me for a long time. I know I've said it before but I believe it's true this time. I also like factory matched/installed products vs making something generic work.
You told a dealer to wait on a delivery? Are you nuts?:D
I've traded/bought over 130 Cars/trucks and some times people ask me about missing any of them (Those they really liked). I don't miss any of them when they are gone and the new, shiny, clean, no miles replacement is sitting there. Same with tractors!!!:D

/ BX1860 to BX25; Feel like John Thomas #15  
Chris,

Once again, CONGRATZ!!!!

I am sure that you are going to love your new BX as much if not more then your previous BX.

If you ever run out of projects for your BH just let me know. I have a project that needs a BH :)

~Kevin

/ BX1860 to BX25; Feel like John Thomas #16  
congrats ! a bx25 is gonna be alotta fun for sure. its not a bad thing to get johnthomasitis :thumbsup::laughing:

/ BX1860 to BX25; Feel like John Thomas #17  
Curious to hear what you got for the BX1860 in trade? and if that included any attachments?
I'm thinking about getting one for mowing either a mid mounted or rear mower.

/ BX1860 to BX25; Feel like John Thomas #18  
Curious to hear what you got for the BX1860 in trade? and if that included any attachments?
I'm thinking about getting one for mowing either a mid mounted or rear mower.

a MMM is best on the BX. you can get RFM but it kinda defeats purpose of having a BX convenience.

/ BX1860 to BX25; Feel like John Thomas
Thanks for the congrat's. I guess that's why we all come here - to receive help and reinforcement making our tractoring decisions and approval for them once their made. :laughing: :laughing:

Spent today getting the BX1860 ready for trade in and reorganized my shed so I'll be ready come delivery day next week. Had to take the front blade and rear blades I had mounted for snow duty off, put the loader and grill guard back on, then hook up my ballast box, which is going with the trade in. Still no call from the dealer, but I didn't expect one this week in all reality. I'm sure they closed early today. I'm actually sitting here looking over the brochure for the umpteenth time; guess I'm hoping I'll see something new this time. :)

Tom, I had given a front grapple some thought but if you could see the rock I'm going to try to excavate, you'd agree it would be very difficult getting to it with a grapple. Plus, I'm thinking the BH will allow me to roughly place the stone back on the wall. Don't imagine I could do that as easily with a grapple. Of course, I could always add one later. :licking:

/ BX1860 to BX25; Feel like John Thomas #20  
Here are some pictures of your tractor out in the country side instead of in a brochure. Maybe this can help hold you over till it gets to you. They stopped by my house and left it with me for a few days and then they are going to bring it to you.:D:thumbsup::D
It has been working well and they brought touch up paint in case I scratch it. They also gave me a couple of Kubota hats for testing driving it for you. I unhooked the hour meter so it will not show my extra hours. Just think first service at 25 hours instead of 50 as the book says.:laughing:
I've really used it hard and really enjoyed it. Will hate to see it leave heading your direction.;)

Attachments

• P1060405.jpg
    P1060405.jpg
    322 KB · Views: 248
  • P1060418.jpg
    P1060418.jpg
    352.2 KB · Views: 246
  • P1060419.jpg
    P1060419.jpg
    435.7 KB · Views: 215
  • P1060428.jpg
    P1060428.jpg