BX22 vs TC18 or TC21

/ BX22 vs TC18 or TC21 #11  
Sounds like you would benefit from the increased loader & three point hitch capacities of a small compact vs. the sub compact.

If you are sold on your local dealer, tell him you will buy one or the other but want to try them on your property first.

Loaded tires help with stability. Also you may want to invest in a tiltmeter.

/ BX22 vs TC18 or TC21 #12  
Gary,

The BX2200 and the TC18 were my top 2 choices also. I only have 2 acres, fairly flat with a few steep grades to mow around the house. I wanted a FEL and a 3PH so that I could rent other attachments as I needed them. My biggest concern with the BX was being able to rent attachments with cat0 hitch. After all was done it was NH's 60mo., 0% financing that eventually tipped the scales for me.

My TC18 is a real work horse and I use it more than I would ever have imagined before. I've got a 6' BB and a 5' Rake, I add 200lbs on top and have no problems dragging material. I moved all kinds of material with the FEL and haven't had any problems biting into piles or lifting with it. The machine is more nimble for mowing, rolling, etc. than my old lawn tractor. The hills are only a factor with the FEL. If I carry my load low, I have no worries.

I think both colors are good tractors, but for me I was glad I made the decision to go compact and not sub-compact for a few extra $$$.... just my own feelings.

/ BX22 vs TC18 or TC21 #13  
Here is a pic of my B7500 on the hill at my place.

Attachments

• 260683-kubotalogskidding.jpg
    260683-kubotalogskidding.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 283
   / BX22 vs TC18 or TC21
I would really like to try the TC21D or TC18D. Not sure if anyone in So. California has one on the lot. Kubota & JD seem to have the market under control down here. There is a Cub Cadet dealer. He is less than a mile from me. He does not seem to care if he sells a tractor or not. He has a compact MF that is totally faded from the sun with the seat all cracked up. He wants full MSRP. Same with the Cub Cadets, take it or leave it. Oh the joys of buying a tractor....

/ BX22 vs TC18 or TC21 #15  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( rent other attachments as I needed them. My biggest concern with the BX was being able to rent attachments with cat0 hitch. )</font>

Just a small nitt to pick, but the BX2200 actually has a cat 1 3PH. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ BX22 vs TC18 or TC21 #16  
Bob,

Just a question here. If the BX2200 has a cat 1 3ph I would still be concerned about the PTO shafts on any thing that you would rent for being too long. Example, I know that if you would rent a Herd Seeder you want have to have a shorter PTO shaft for the BX2200.

It is just a question for my information.

murph

/ BX22 vs TC18 or TC21 #17  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Bob,

Just a question here. If the BX2200 has a cat 1 3ph I would still be concerned about the PTO shafts on any thing that you would rent for being too long. Example, I know that if you would rent a Herd Seeder you want have to have a shorter PTO shaft for the BX2200.
)</font>

Well this raises a good question and I haven't ever rented any rear PTO attachments, nor do I own any, so I can't really answer this. I believe I have read here about others with this series tractor finding PTO shafts to be too long for various types of atachments.

Other rear PTO issues I think you might find with this tractor as opposed to the bigger 7500 series are height (eg: ground clearance) and lift capacity which is quite a bit less than with the 7500 series. I think it would be very important to find a PTO attachment that was intended to go on the smaller series tractor for maximum enjoyment. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

So I would have to agree with the theory that the larger cut would probably be better for renting rear PTO attachments.

But for non-PTO attachments, you would need cat 1 and not cat 0 attachments unless you wanted to use adapters or something.

Confused? I know I am /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ BX22 vs TC18 or TC21 #18  
I don't know how often the new shaft that comes with most PTO implements has to be shortened as I haven't bought new implements for other tractors. I have had to shorten the shaft for all the implements I have purchased for the BX. I was under the impression that it is common to need to shorten the shaft for most compact tractors also and the BX needs to be shortened more. I have not had any need to rent implements, but I can see where this would be a problem.

Terry

/ BX22 vs TC18 or TC21
It looks like you got it all right now. Did you get all Kubota attachments? I am especially interested in the roto-tillers. I understand they are not all created equal. Are you happy with yours?

/ BX22 vs TC18 or TC21 #20  
I have a Land Pride tiller, model RTA1042. It sells for about $1650. I don't know how much the Kubota sells for. I have been very pleased and it seems a great match for the BX. In fact, I expect you could go on up to a 50" and the BX would handle it fine. The 50" model is only about $75 more. You can see the LP tiller here: http://www.landpride.com/lp/products/rta10_specs.html
I have a Fred Cain Agricutter rotary cutter, model AC104. It sells for about $700 and is built like a tank!
I have a Monroe Tufline box blade, light duty model TB060 that sells for about $435. You can see it here: http://www.monroetufline.com/Series/Sub-Series/Series_TB_b.htm
Hope this helps!

Terry