BX2200 Heater Installation

/ BX2200 Heater Installation
Well I'm going to have to give that a try.
Thanks again.
JohnnyB

/ BX2200 Heater Installation #12  
KENNY ,
COULD YOU SNAP A PIC OF THAT,to let me better understand what you mean?Ill look at the waterpump toniteand see if i can tell what you mean.
Iasked at a dealer ,they were clueless,but asked if my engine had plugs in the block i could unscrew to hook it up.
ALAN

I got the M-5000 12v.
Seems about right to me.
I'm going to hook up one of the round "defrost" vents to a length of duct, hook that up to a short length of PVC pipe, capped at the end, with some holes drilled in it, lay it at the base of the windshield for a defroster.
JohnnyB

/ BX2200 Heater Installation #15  
HEY KENNY,
Heres a pic of the top of my motor.Ithink the hose you are referring to is that little short one almost center screen.Ihope so cause it looks about the right size and its easy to get to:)

JOHNNY,
i got the 55-322 I also bought a circulation fan on that site HAVE you looked to see where your bypass hose is?Ithink its the same size as the heater hose we bought,if im looking at the correct one .Take a peak at my pic
ALAN

Attachments

• 100_1377 (1024 x 768).jpg
    100_1377 (1024 x 768).jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 825
Alan,
Yep, that's your bypass hose, exact same location as mine.
My hose definately looks smaller than what came in the kit ( starting to sound strange..but). Yours could be larger....different model tractor right? ...or perhaps the heater you ordered came with smaller fittings.....in which case you should use that bypass as a first choice for sure.

It's definitely what I'm going to try rather than klutz around with drilling engine parts. I'm going to go ahead and do a winter/summer setup with a 3-way valve.
JohnnyB

/ BX2200 Heater Installation #17  
Alan and Johnny,
Yes that is the bypass just hook it up there and it will work fine.
I didn稚 get a chance to take a picture yet. You may not need it with the one that Alan posted. But if you want I will get one this evening. KennyV.

Well....after a long night in the shop considering my options. I ended up drilling the thermostat housing and splicing into the lower radiator hose.
The bypass on the BX2200 is less than 3/8" and the heater inlets are 5/8", no way I was going to get the same hose to fit both. I even turned up some adapters on the lathe to go from 3/8 to 5/8, but with a 3-way valve, and a T to provide for summer shutoff I was looking at 14 hose clamps...just too many places for a problem to arise.

So, I made up a fitting to fit the thermostat housing, and welded up a "T" to splice into the lower radiator hose. The housing was easier than I thought, drilled it with a 9/16" bit, tapped it with a 3/8 NPT and everything went together nicely.

Pictures below. Last picture just barely shows the T in the lower radiator hose.

It's back up and running with heat. Takes a bit for the heater core to bleed the air into the system, required topping off the radiator a couple of times after running it for a while.
JohnnyB

Attachments

• Heater-1.jpg
    Heater-1.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 711
  • Heater-3.jpg
    Heater-3.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 606
  • Heater-4.jpg
    Heater-4.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 1,013
  • Heater-5.jpg
    Heater-5.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 676
   / BX2200 Heater Installation #19  
Just checked and you are right a half inch heater hose will not fit the heater side, (been so long ago I had forgot) that I did need to solder copper reducers to the heater in/out to attach the half inch hoses.
Even with the reduced inlet and outlet, plus small bypass nipples there is more than enough HOT water flow to max out the heater.
Johnny It looks like you have it finished so that should keep things warm all winter. KennyV.

/ BX2200 Heater Installation #20  
JOHNNY,
Not to change the subject,but what did you do put snaps in the aircleaner ,and build a cover ,to block it off?Igotta do that too,so air comes from under the tractor.
AS FAR AS MY HEATER,im still contimplating.Kennys idea is easy,but does create alot of plumbing if you want to have a shutoff,because you need to divert the flow to keep it flowing.Im just wondering if i uninstall this cab in the summer ,i could simply hook my factory hose back up.Im leaning towards this way.I think i will get a1/2 fitting and a 5/8 fitting and weld them togeather ,for a connector[have to do this twice of course.]
ALAN