BX23 solenoid location

/ BX23 solenoid location #31  
That is the first time I have heard that. I wonder if that is the way the BX23 is suppose to be. If so that would have saved me lots of trouble trying to find out why this machine can be started without being seated. Thanks for that information.

I often start mine without being in the seat. I know the safety features of the seat switch are working because if I forget and try to get off the tractor with the PTO engaged the engine will quit or if one of my granddaugters pushes too hard on the HST pedal so their bottom lifts off the seat the engine will quit.

On page 67 of the operator's manual under the 50 hour check it runs through the steps for checking the Engine Starting System but it does not address starting the engine when not on the seat. I am pretty sure there is nothing wrong with our tractors when we can do that.

/ BX23 solenoid location #32  
I often start mine without being in the seat. I know the safety features of the seat switch are working because if I forget and try to get off the tractor with the PTO engaged the engine will quit or if one of my granddaugters pushes too hard on the HST pedal so their bottom lifts off the seat the engine will quit.

On page 67 of the operator's manual under the 50 hour check it runs through the steps for checking the Engine Starting System but it does not address starting the engine when not on the seat. I am pretty sure there is nothing wrong with our tractors when we can do that.

PROBLEM SOLVED THEN I can't believe this.I have been trying to solve a problem that isn't really a problem. Once I got everything back together after replacing the O ring for the 3PT hitch. I tried to find out why the HST light would stay on and why I could start the tractor without sitting in the seat. I had purchased the tractor about 5 months ago and was trying to fix anything that was wrong. The dealer said the light should not stay on and that must be shorted out and that probably was the reason the safety switches did not work on the seat.

After ripping apart the tractor again and opening up harnesses and then running into the problem of the tractor not shutting down. I am finding out many things I did not know and that I had been given some false or misleading information. Several people on here though have been very helpful. I now find out that you don't have to be seated in the seat and when your driving the tractor and you stand up that is normal for it to run. It only shuts off if you get off the seat and the PTO is running. The other thing I found out was the BX23 did not have aHST switch For some reason they put the light in on my tractor but there is no switch. After getting the wiring diagram that was posted I can see that the light will just be on because it is in the circuit and is continuously grounded. The service dept. at a couple of dealers did not know this and didn't even know anything about the HST switch. It was put in on tractors in other countries, but not the USA. I hope to put all this back together in the next couple of days and hopefully all will run as it should. Thanks for all the help that you TBNers have given me. It took me awhile but I believe I have it figured out now. I hope this helps anyone else in the future if you would have this problem.

/ BX23 solenoid location #33  
My bx2660 can be started without being in the seat. i do it alot in winter so it warms up while i do other things:thumbsup:

/ BX23 solenoid location #34  
PROBLEM SOLVED THEN

..............I now find out that you don't have to be seated in the seat and when your driving the tractor and you stand up that is normal for it to run. It only shuts off if you get off the seat and the PTO is running. ............

I cannot drive the tractor when I am standing up. If you are sitting still you can get off the tractor as long as the speed control pedal (what I call the shuttle pedal) is centered. I often do this when I am tilling and till up a rock, I slow down the engine, shut off the PTO, jump off, throw the rock in the loader bucket, get back on, engage the PTO, speed up the engine and go. This is a big advantage of having a tractor that is so easy to get off and on. With our 5040 it just didn't seem worth it to get off and on the tractor if the rock wasn't too big. If the speed control is not in the center and you lift the weight off the seat the engine should quit.

/ BX23 solenoid location #35  
I cannot drive the tractor when I am standing up. If you are sitting still you can get off the tractor as long as the speed control pedal (what I call the shuttle pedal) is centered. I often do this when I am tilling and till up a rock, I slow down the engine, shut off the PTO, jump off, throw the rock in the loader bucket, get back on, engage the PTO, speed up the engine and go. This is a big advantage of having a tractor that is so easy to get off and on. With our 5040 it just didn't seem worth it to get off and on the tractor if the rock wasn't too big. If the speed control is not in the center and you lift the weight off the seat the engine should quit.

ametcalf- I didn't explain that well. I agree with everything you said. I meant to say if the tractor is stopped, but still running and the PTO is off, I then can stand up and get off without the tractor turning off. I didn't mean when the tractor is running and moving that I could stand up. I did not explain that well.
Thanks for pointing that out. I don't want to confuse anyone else.:thumbsup:

/ BX23 solenoid location #36  
ametcalf- I didn't explain that well. I agree with everything you said. I meant to say if the tractor is stopped, but still running and the PTO is off, I then can stand up and get off without the tractor turning off. I didn't mean when the tractor is running and moving that I could stand up. I did not explain that well.
Thanks for pointing that out. I don't want to confuse anyone else.:thumbsup:

Great, now we are on the same frequency.
Arvid