BX2350/BX24 Abrupt Reverse Stop

/ BX2350/BX24 Abrupt Reverse Stop #12  
I've said this before but I'll say it again. If you use the toe of your foot, and lift the forward pedal up to back up, for some reason its much easier to control, and the abrut stop is not near as bad. I actually use the left side of my right foot to do this. The only down side is it leaves a black mark on your shoes from the rubber pedal. I've gotten in the habit of doing this and don't even think about it anymore.

/ BX2350/BX24 Abrupt Reverse Stop
Actually the damper controls in both directions on both models. And no the **60 series damper does not help on the **50 series. Yes the linkage is different from the **50 to the **60 series.

If you use the toe of your foot, and lift the forward pedal up to back up, for some reason its much easier to control...

I sort of have the opposite problem. My pedal is freshly greased and when the tractor is not running, the pedal moves freely and centers by itself. But when the engine is running, I usually have to give it opposite pressure to get it to center. I wonder if my pump swash plate or the half-moon bearings it sits in are out of whack. Maybe this secondary issue is making it more difficult for me to develop the technique needed to workaround the abrupt stop issue.

/ BX2350/BX24 Abrupt Reverse Stop #14  
I highly doubt they did a new HST bt they might have changed a few parts like mentioned. They might have designed a brand new linkage system. Maybe the two linkage systems showed be compared. The answer may lie there also.

/ BX2350/BX24 Abrupt Reverse Stop #15  
I think he meant they installed a new tractor under his butt.

Not very helpful, & certainly more expensive than the hst cover...

:laughing: pretty neat upgrade isnt it?

I think cowbell might be onto something. However we need a willing 60 series donor like BX25 to let us TBN'ers to take it apart and compare it with mine (BX24). Yup I am willing to do that and do this side by side in same garage so we can reverse engineer this and get the answers ourselves once for all. :cool:

any takers? :licking:

Now who is planning on staying late to put both back together :confused:;):D.

/ BX2350/BX24 Abrupt Reverse Stop #16  
I sort of have the opposite problem. My pedal is freshly greased and when the tractor is not running, the pedal moves freely and centers by itself. But when the engine is running, I usually have to give it opposite pressure to get it to center. I wonder if my pump swash plate or the half-moon bearings it sits in are out of whack. Maybe this secondary issue is making it more difficult for me to develop the technique needed to workaround the abrupt stop issue.

Does your tractor want "creep" even when in neutral position? If yes look in your owners manual, I believe there is a section on how to adjust the HST link to neutral. Sounds like yours may be slightly out of adjustment.

/ BX2350/BX24 Abrupt Reverse Stop #17  
   / BX2350/BX24 Abrupt Reverse Stop #18  
I bought a BX2360 last year and it has the abrupt
stop in reverse.I figured it was in the return spring but I haven't looked into it any further.

/ BX2350/BX24 Abrupt Reverse Stop
Ok, thanks to Oldnslo who posted the BX1850/2350 hydraulic schematic, I am convinced that the abrupt stop issue is caused by the lack of a flow restrictor in the forward side of the HST circuit (circled in red below):
BX2350HST.jpg

By studying the schematic and parts diagram for the HST I believe I have found two external plugs which allow access to both sides of the "missing" flow restrictor. It should be relatively inexpensive to rig up a needle valve between the ports as a test and experiment with various settings to see if that solves the problem.

However, before diving it, I would like to review the schematic for the BX2360/BX25, where the problem is fixed, to see if Kubota fixed it by adding this flow restrictor. Does anyone have the hydraulic schematic for the BX1860/BX2360/BX25 that they could post?

Thanks in advance.

/ BX2350/BX24 Abrupt Reverse Stop #20  
Bumping this for Cowbell, seems like he's onto something.

Is there anyone out there that can help him out???