BX2350 - Can you add a backhoe

/ BX2350 - Can you add a backhoe #21  
escavader said:
HI FOLKS
I guess I dont understand.If you buy an aftermarket backhoe which has its own seat arent you actually out from under your rops whether short or not? I can see you crushing your feet putting up the downriggers,heck ive almost done that by not keeping them on the hoe,and carelessly hanging them over the side.I guess i dont get how one gets pinned under the rops.:confused:
ALAN
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/1032046-post16.html

/ BX2350 - Can you add a backhoe #22  
rbarker said:
1*Agreed, I can't picture a situation where the BH and the ROPS would come close enough to crush you between them. Not while mounted on the tractor, anyway.:confused:
2*LBrown59, I know this aftermarket BH is a sore spot with you but it is a very viable solution for a lot of people.
It's not a 3PH mount it's a 4 point sub frame mount just like the Kubota factory BH. And
3*the ROPS height just isn't an issue if you fit under it when you're belted into the seat. If not, then it was an issue even before you added a back hoe.
1*mounted back hoe
2*but not preferable to buying the tractor with the BH and the correct ROPS in the first place.
3*So why are the ROPS higher on the BX23 & BX24?

/ BX2350 - Can you add a backhoe #25  
KubZilla said:
Greetings. Long time lurker, first time poster. I Purchased a new BX2200 a little over 4 years ago, and other than the fuel leak that has been experienced by many others (and that was repaired under warrenty) I have had no problems. This summer I decided that I needed a Backhoe, so I checked out a new BX24. I'm sure that it is a fine machine, but I just could'nt bring myself to pay $17000+ for a plastic tractor, so I researched the Woods BH6000. I had some initial concerns about frame flex and compatibility, but after talking with the Woods dealer, I decided to get the BH6000 with a frame mount. I paid about $5800 after tax and install, and could'nt be happier!:D It does everything I ask of it with power to spare. I am a fraction of an inch under 6' tall and have absoloutely no problem with my stock ROPS. As for the crushing hazzard mentioned before...:confused: I suppose that if you were standing behind the tractor while opperating the BH...:confused: Otherwise seated normally with your feet positioned normally on the work platform, I just don't see it. If you get the frame mount, you can't go wrong with this setup...
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/1037253-post15.html

Last edited:
   / BX2350 - Can you add a backhoe #26  
mm7924mm said:
I have a new 2350 and after really working this machine hard I would like to add a backhoe. I see some aftermarket units thats attach to the 3 point hitch, while others have a whole sub frame? Whats better and why?

mm7924mm: I didn't even know there was a 3PH mounted BH. Whatever brand you get, DON'T get one of those things. Sounds like trouble. The Woods BH6000 is a very highly regarded unit that exceeds the OEM backhoe in several categories. Not cheap, but that's probably what I'm going to get in the forseeable future. The full frame support is AT LEAST as stout as the one that comes with the BX24. The Woods BH DID come with a SEPERATE operator platform DEDICATED to the BH which meant the BH unit hung out the back of the tractor a loooooong way making the rear 'saggy'. I believe they've addressed this with the newest unit and offer a rotating seat rather than the seperate platform, making the overall unit length much shorter.

As for the ROPS, I'm going to try using my standard ROPS with the BH when I get it. You can always buy the BX24 Folding ROPS if you want to later. IMHO, I like the size/look of the BX2230/2350 ROPS and would prefer keep it as long as I don't crack my head on it too many times.

I have supreme confidence that these crushing injuries are only associated with a 3PH mounted BH and there is no such risk with a properly installed and operated 4 point mount BH unit. For a variety of reasons, a frame mounted BH is the only way to go.

Last edited:
   / BX2350 - Can you add a backhoe #27  
LBrown59 said:
1*Then why do you think the BX24 and BX23 Tractors have taller ROPS than the other BX Models?
2*mounted back hoe
I have a feeling that I'm going to regret this, but I'll bite...
1* I'm not really sure, because, again, my stock ROPS works perfectly well. In fact, if it were any taller, I would have problems mowing under my trees (and that would be a bad thing ;) ) Now I do understand that a 3 pt mount that is not connected properly would be dangerous, However, I have a frame mounted BH, so it's a moot point. Now maybe you can explain to me why the BX 24 has so much plastic on it??? That just shows me that newer designs are not always better.:rolleyes:

/ BX2350 - Can you add a backhoe #28  
KeithInSpace said:
mm7924mm: I didn't even know there was a 3PH mounted BH. Whatever brand you get, DON'T get one of those things. Sounds like trouble.
As for the ROPS, I'm going to try using my standard ROPS with the BH when I get it.
*You can always buy the BX24 Folding ROPS if you want to later. IMHO,
*Are you sure about that?
From what I've gathered from discussions on the subject here the BX 23 / 24 rops will not fit the BX2230 / 2350.
I have never seen any body here say they did that.

/ BX2350 - Can you add a backhoe #29  
LBrown59 said:
From what I've gathered from discussions on the subject here the BX 23 / 24 rops will not fit the BX2230 / 2350.
I have never seen any body here say they did that.

From what I'VE gathered from discussions on the subject here is that nobody has seen the NEED to replace the ROPS...not that they can't. The 2350 and 24 are statistically identical tractors with the SOLE exception of weight. The weight differential is undoubtedly due to the sub-frame assembly for the frame mounted BH and the huge ROPS.

I hope Kubota didn't forsake the manufaturing principal of interchangeable parts. To somehow differ the mounting points for the ROPS of two otherwise identical tractors would certainly make Eli Whitney roll in his grave.

Funny that on Kubota's own web site, the "Top View" of their BX24 is actually a picture of a BX2350, as evidenced by the smaller ROPS.

Bird has corroborated possible crushing injuries from a very specific type of BH (3PH or NON-FRAME mounted) that I HOPE mm7924mm isn't considering purchasing.

You are the only one in this entire string making an issue of the ROPS.

Last edited: