Buying Advice BX23S 1025R GC1710 All TLB

/ BX23S 1025R GC1710 All TLB #1  

tums20

Tractor
Kubota B6100
Typical Thread I know
Down to pretty much these though would consider a B2301 with Backhoe no one around here has the 2025 or MF1576 I think
Basically 1 step up is too big for what I need ... but really want a backhoe

Currently
Cannot for the life of me get the local Kubota Dealer to email me a quote on either
Went in on Wed Emailed them directly Thrusday... nothing
thought the 2301 was a tad big for need but figured once all projects done I could selll or keep and not lose much
BX23S is about perfect but would still love the B2301

JD 1025R Got a few quotes same ballpark
Comfortable to sit in **** comfortable
21.2 k in state before tax
19.9k out of state no sales tax
WOW what a diff

GC1710
Looked so awesome until I sat down WOW talk about cheap seats and having to lean over to grab the wheel
I am 6'2 Was so uncomfortable Was really disappointed Loved the look and feel of BH and FEL Seemed well built but if not comfortable before starting How am I going to put 100s of hours on it
Anyone else have this issue? I had to lean over a lot to drive and control FEL
Plus Dealer started above MSRP online not to be an *** but starting 1k above online MSRP and then offering the 1500 MF Discount yeah dont think so

So I would prefer the B2301 but so far the 1025R wins in the fact that after visits and emails those are the only dealers even really dealing

Any thoughts?
I can purchase out of state and pay someone to deliver and save 2k just to begin
the Kubota Dealer here had just always been a pain... this is not my first go round to hear nothing in return Like my 20k means nothing so what if there is an issue?
Seems weird, but maybe they think they are the only game in town

JD here is responsive at least and close but way off out of state price
and MF here offers above MSRP
Sorry to rant... just want a good TLB with dealer support sucks when wants and dealer don't go hand in hand

/ BX23S 1025R GC1710 All TLB #2  
Any other kubota dealers around? If you prefer the B2301, maybe pursue that a little more to at least get a firm price and comparison to the JD. I can see some local dealers not wanting to respond to email quotes, but did I read it right you went in person one day and then emailed request? Did you speak to anyone in person? If so, Next (dealer)!

With the BH on the B2301 (used to be bh65 now bh67?) you do get a little stronger BH with dual swing cylinders and full 180 bucket rotation compared to the BX23....unless something's changed on the "s" model. Also, no transmission cooling fan with 2301 compared to the bx23. I did own prior generation B2920 with a BH65. Depending on what your doing, the greater ground clearance is nice. Btw, it will be just as maneuverable as the bx23 for all practical purposes.

I started out with the predecessor of the Massey GC1710 which was the GC2310. The BH had very good power for its size. Also, very good designed feet on outriggers and it was nice that you could leave 3pt. on with the BH in place.

I have a friend with that JD model and he seems very pleased with it and has used it extensively on his 20 acres.

I bought and traded three setups out of state and had no problems. Maybe lucky, but worked out for me. I've dealt with parts, attachments, and other power tools with about every dealer around here, except JD, and I just think once warranty is expired, you're on your own. A good parts person and someone that can answer questions helps a lot more than your salesman.

/ BX23S 1025R GC1710 All TLB
Yep Went in on Wed asked for specific quotes Emailed thursday still nothing
Lets be fair I went in 2 years ago asking for a ROPS quote on my current B6100 and a quote on a new tractor and NADA
JD had a quote 1/2 hour after visiting MF had a quote 1 hour after
Additional JD dealers have quoted and a Kubota 2 hours away has given a quote
Just stuck If they wont do anything now will they service if there is a problem?

Have found going out of state I can save and still haul back
not happy with the MF
Another Kub dealer around only deals in big AG stuff so ill give them until Monday before I call good reviews but they do not usually deal in SCUTs
Just frustrated still a chunk of change sorry to vent

/ BX23S 1025R GC1710 All TLB #4  
If you go with kubota, go with one of two other dealers mentioned. Go in person and most likely get better price from email or cold call quote. You can ask them if they would ship simple warranty part if needed and how they would handle a warranty repair needed at shop or send tech out.

Or it sounds like different brand or road trip! Good luck...post what you eventually purchase.

/ BX23S 1025R GC1710 All TLB #5  
Here was my choice. It has the best lifting capacity and beefiest front axle of all the scuts...

It has some amazing capabilitys. All those foundation piers were dug with the backhoe. I use it more often than my Cat sometimes.

WP_20160618_001.jpg
WP_20160618_004.jpg
WP_20160619_001.jpg

Thank you I have ruled out the GC 1710 as it was just too uncomfortable for me
Liked the stats and all but it would have to really beat Kubota and JD on price to make being uncomfortable the next 10 years worth it

/ BX23S 1025R GC1710 All TLB #7  
Cannot for the life of me get the local Kubota Dealer to email me a quote ... Went in on Wed Emailed them directly Thursday... nothing

I had a similar experience with Kubota dealers. We are in the same general area so maybe we hit up the same dealers. I was standing on the lot with hundred dollar bills dripping out of my pockets and could not get anyone to pay reasonable attention. My tractor budget at the time was $50K +/-.

After some time, I formed an opinion that in my area Kubota does not want the single residential customer. Perhaps they have limited allocation, and have figured out if they sell *that* tractor to a commercial farmer/user they will get more downstream service business than if they sell to a residential user who will put fewer hours on it and ..... gasp ..... maybe even do some of their own maintenance!!

I bought a Massey GC1710 and it rocks. Then for another property I bought another Massey -- a cabbed 1758. Sorry the 1710 didn't fit you but ... the 1720 is almost the identical tractor with a much better seat. (It's a $1,200 difference so there is a lot different.)

Good luck in your search. I got excellent follow up from the two Massey dealers I have bought from (No. CA and No. Nevada.)

Thanks for the info plowhog
So far the closest dealer a JD has been awesome
I know he is in sales but has talked to me twice in 3 days and answers all email questions in a reasonable time
They have numerous locations in the nor cal area and when talking to him today we discussed transferring warranty and he said if I bought a newer used they honor the warranty
I got a great quote from So Oregon on a 1025R TLB gonna hit him up if he can get close at least before tax Ill bite Would rather keep my dollars in the area and reward him for his time and availability. I live in Cali and taxes will always suck They were also the low quote of close JD dealers

Hoping the 1025R is not a bad choice..... but looks like I am leaning towards buying the dealer

Besides being uncomfortable the MF dealer here quoted me 19900 when MSRP on the site is 18700 for a 1710 TLB

/ BX23S 1025R GC1710 All TLB #9  
If I had that kind of experience with a dealer (your Kubota dealer), it would turn me away from the brand for sure. From what you are saying, the only choice seems to be jd.

/ BX23S 1025R GC1710 All TLB #10  
If the seat was the main complaint on the Massey 1710, I would check and see if a 1720 is locally available to try out.

The 1025R is a good machine. I looked at it as well before buying my Massey. If you are willing to pay a bit more for the same capacity, then buying John Deere is always a safe bet. Like buying an IBM brand computer in the old days-- you paid more but knew you had a stable investment. When I was shopping, every dealer said you would pay more $$$ for a John Deere-- even the Deere dealers!!

I paid about $19k out the door with some extras when I bought my 1710. I've seen others (in other areas) that knocked that price down a few thousand.

You might consider calling Brian at Sierra Tractor in Shingle springs, ca or Dave at Ott's farm equipment in Fallon, NV. Both quality dealers. Good luck with your choice. I'm sure you will be pleased no matter what you get-- they are all good.