BX24 Blown Engine

/ BX24 Blown Engine #11  
Vegasguzzi,
What type of oil were you using and how many hours. This is very disturbing news:eek:.

/ BX24 Blown Engine #13  
Given your circumstances, you should be pushing for a loaner tractor. Kubota regional reps have cash accounts that they can use to help work out situations like yours. It sounds like your dealer is going to bat for you, but its still not bad to keep the pressure on.

/ BX24 Blown Engine
Thanks for the tip. I'm out of town this weekend so I don't need a loaner. Right now I just want to hear that they are going to fix it and fix it in a timely manner.

/ BX24 Blown Engine #15  
I would sure love to hear how a bent rod could be your fault. If they say that it is your fault, ask them how that could be, since all you did was operate it until it made noises and then shut it down. I'll bet that when they are finished digging into it, they will find a stuck open fuel injector. No way would I let them fix that engine. The crank has been stressed and if they think that it is OK, then let them put it in another machine and give you a new engine or a new tractor. Just like the broken transmission cover. The replacement comes in cracked just like the original one and they insinuate abuse. The only abuse is that which you are getting from Kubota. If the tractor is financed, you have additional leverage...... Dusty

/ BX24 Blown Engine #16  
vegasguzzi said:
The dealer told me today that they want to replace the engine instead of trying a rebuild. Kubota disagrees. I guess Kubota is pushing back and implied that the engine failure is a use issue and should not be covered under warranty without further investigation.
The dealer said corporate is concerned about the number of scratches I have on the machine with the low number of hours... I really don’t understand the use issue. The dealer is talking to others at the corporate level. I believe in the machine and would buy another one; I know any company can produce a Monday machine. I won't get upset until I get some kind of definitive answer from Kubota on how they plan on repairing the machine.

Vegas, you might be seriously hostility-impaired.

They already blamed you for a housing crack and the replacement came cracked? Engine failure at 60 hours?? Paint scratches bent a rod???

My BX went in under warranty for a stuck diff lock recently. It had 370 hours, a bent upper link, half-shredded tires, one dent in the hood, two dents in the front rims, a bent fender, scraped axle pivots, a lousy weld repair on the filter bracket and PLENTY of scratches. Nobody even hinted the diff lock was my fault (I'm confident it was).

Heck, my dealer offered to haul it 70 miles for free, reminded me I get 36 months on the drivetrain and fairly challenged me to break it again!

Not that it would help anything, but I would be completely, certifiably prozac-pukin FURIOUS! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Russell in Texas (where everybody carries a gun)

/ BX24 Blown Engine #17  
rdsaustintx said:
Vegas, you might be seriously hostility-impaired.

Not that it would help anything, but I would be completely, certifiably prozac-pukin FURIOUS! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Russell in Texas (where everybody carries a gun)

Now that's funny,,, I don't care who you are or where you live..

That's just plain funny...

BTW, I 100% agree... I would be raising my hostility level a bit higher and start flooding their customer service E-mail until I get a return call..

But I suppose you must let the dealer do their job first... But don't think for a minute you caused a bent rod....

Tell them you actually use what you buy and not just admire it..

Keep us informed,

Musclford

/ BX24 Blown Engine #18  
I am very "hostility impaired" but this would push me to the limit. How could it be a "use" issue unless it states that you CAN'T use it in the warranty?
There seems to be two parties at work here Kubota and your dealer. How does kubota know about scratches and a broken scraper tooth?(why would your scraper be on it when it goes to the dealer?) Do dealers send pictures of tractors to kubota for aproval of warranty issues?
I have so many questions:):):)

Oh and another thing.
How in the world could a bent rod be a use issue when the motor only turns the hydraulic pump. Unless you drove it into a pond or otherwise got water into the cylinder then there is no way it could be your fault no matter what you were pulling or pushing.

/ BX24 Blown Engine #19  
Hostility only comes after they deny the claim. Getting hostile unnecessarily isn't good for relationships when you need them. He could get a little pushy, but hostile isn't the way to get satisfaction until it is the last resort. I have said from the beginning that there was nothing that he could have done to cause this damage, but the case isn't closed yet. It is more likely the local Kubota rep that is the problem, not Kubota Corporation. Lets see how this plays out before we start recommending hostility. Dusty

/ BX24 Blown Engine #20  
Vegas, keep us posted. This is very interesting. Kubota has a reputation to uphold and that reputation is expensive. It costs a lot to develop and keep a good reputation and it costs us, the consumers, a lot, to get what that reputation has to offer. I'm sure Kubota must realize that issues like this get distrubuted widely on the internet, which damages their hard fought reputation if they don't respond as they are expected to.