BX24 flat tire

/ BX24 flat tire #1  

jinalee

Hi,
This is my first tractor, and I have a flat tire on my front left.
This tractor did not come with a wrench to remove the flat tire.
Can anyone tell me what I need to use to remove the tire, and which direction I am supposed to turn - is it counter clockwise?

Also is there an electrical wrench that will do the job easily?
I suppose I am not strong enough to unscrew the bolt.
Thanks

/ BX24 flat tire #2  
Just put some slime in it. If it were not for slime I would have four flats a day.

/ BX24 flat tire
what is 'slime'?

/ BX24 flat tire #5  
I ran a piece of steel thru the front tire on my BX2200, put a hole in it that I can stick my finger in, I raised the front wheels off the ground with the loader, took my trusty plug kit, cleaned the hole, had to double the glued string type plug and stuck it in the hole. Let it dry a few minutes and aired the tire back up, been holding a year and a half now, will probably wear the tire out with the plug in it. My tires are tubeless and filled with liquid so I had to get the hole to the top of the tire to get it dry and clean before I could plug it.

/ BX24 flat tire #6  
The reason it did not come with a wrench is because it did not come with a flat... Did you ever change a flat on a car ??? If you have a socket set you can use that... CCwise to remove and Cwise to replace... Make sure its jacked up real good and brakes are on before removeing wheel...

/ BX24 flat tire
milkman said:
I ran a piece of steel thru the front tire on my BX2200, put a hole in it that I can stick my finger in, I raised the front wheels off the ground with the loader, took my trusty plug kit, cleaned the hole, had to double the glued string type plug and stuck it in the hole. Let it dry a few minutes and aired the tire back up, been holding a year and a half now, will probably wear the tire out with the plug in it. My tires are tubeless and filled with liquid so I had to get the hole to the top of the tire to get it dry and clean before I could plug it.

Hi,
Would you tell me where I can buy the plug kit, and what brand you used? Thanks

/ BX24 flat tire #9  
I use the off road stuff and get it in gallons pumps usually most of my tire patch stuff comes from TSC (Tractor Supply Co.).
some times the pump will clog with the you have to disassemble it and clean it out not a major job its watersoluble.

Most of the patches I use are Monkey Grip I think?

google them and look fore one in your area

Gemplers and Agri supply have tire stuff too

If you fill in your profile there might be another member in you area that can lend a hand.

to do that go to discussion screen and in the blue title's click "My Home" "edit profile" fill in the info

tom

/ BX24 flat tire #10  
I had my first flat on my BX23 a few weeks ago, I used a 3/4" drive socket and a 5' pipe on the end of that, and I still had to pull hard to break the nuts on the front tires. Keep your toosl close, after my first flat in 3 years I have had 3 this year! I just took mine to Town Fair Tire and they plugged them for free. I use the FEL to jack the front up and then I put oak cribbing under the axle and I put blocks around the two rears.