Loader BX24 Hydraulic Leak

/ BX24 Hydraulic Leak #1  

bruiserx2

Silver Member
Tractor
BX24 and JD X320
I have a BX24, bought with in the last year. Over the weekend while using the front end loader I noticed a hydraulic leak. I believe the hydraulic oil is coming from one of the metal lines that run from the connector in the front on the right side to the pump in the rear. The line runs through the machine crossing over below the engine/floor from right to left and above the frame. It is really hard to see and I can not tell exactly where it is coming from.
When the front bucket is curled all the way up it wont hold now sags so I believe it is that line.

I took the front end loader off and locked the control stick and it no longer leaked, I also used the 3 point hitch after taking the FEL off and it did not leak. So I am pretty confident in my diagnosis.

I was not able to see anything that would have caused the leak, stick/rock. Has this happened to anyone? It would be covered under warranty if it was not my fault.

/ BX24 Hydraulic Leak #2  
How old is the unit?? Still under warranty?? I had the same problem on my BX24. Dealer said it was a loose line somewhere but I looked and couldn't find it but they did. Also said it wasn't warrantied because you need to check each line yourself before use...Yeah like I am going to disassemble the who;e tractor to check the connections each use. They told me it was under the dash area that it was loose but my leak was under the seat area, At least thats where I found the puddle each time. Good luck

/ BX24 Hydraulic Leak
It is less than a year old. So it is under warrenty. Did yours leak from the beginning or did it just start one day. Mine never leak and then yesterday it started real slow and then was so bad it left a trail to the garage.

/ BX24 Hydraulic Leak #4  
From the way you were describing the problem, it seems to be the fittings that might be loose under dash same as keyman. I would start by putting the FEL back on, pull the screen under the steering. Pull the black plastic cover that is under the battery. you should be able to start up the tractor and run controls to see where its leaking from. The FEL manifold is in that area after you remove the black plastic cover.
Be sure to check the fluid level and bring up to the full mark before working on it.

/ BX24 Hydraulic Leak #5  
Mine was exactly what you described a very slow leak then BAM a pretty good trail being left behind. Hope this helps. My dealer was a jerk even with a machine less than a year old he didn't want to cover the repair. Hope you find it.

/ BX24 Hydraulic Leak
Why do I need to hook the FEL back up to check the line?

I appreciate the insight and plan on checking it myself, instead of bringing it to the dealer. Going through where the battery sits. Great idea, feel foolish I did not think of it.

/ BX24 Hydraulic Leak #7  
   / BX24 Hydraulic Leak
Just wanted to say thanks to you guys especially Keyman, Radioman and BotaBX24er. I turned out to be the stainless steel lines.

The dealer was not aware of the problem with the flares and was just going to replace the o-rings. (Logical thinking) I printed out the discussions here and visited the service department. After a 2 minute conversation and a call into Kubota the dealer was replacing everything. Kubota is aware of this as a problem.

Also if anyone here in CT is looking for a dealer Wesco in Norwalk has been great.

/ BX24 Hydraulic Leak #9  
My BX2350 is down at Kahn tractor in Franklin Ct as I type this getting all the O rings replaced in the loader valve. I brought up the problem with the SS lines not being flared correctly and chewing up the O rings, the service guy said "where did you hear that on a forum? Those are the worst places to get information". So anyways the are just replacing all the O rings because of poor installation at the factory. Ill see what happens hopefully they wont leak again.

/ BX24 Hydraulic Leak #10  
really?! try giving kubota a call and see what they have to say, not your dealer.